26

Unknown

I smirked as my troops moved in on their destination. I knew that it would be quite bold of me, luring her away, but I needed for her to come to me.

I stepped through the portal that Kahl had made for me and waited patiently for her.

Archelaus Hatzis

I walked down the steps of her porch, watching her interact with the pack wolves as they tried to figure out why our other visitors were late.

I turned to look to Sao and her mate who were standing close.

"So, what happened?"

"What do you mean?" I feigned ignorance.

"You are very clearly upset with something that your mate had told you." She pointed out.

"She outright told me that she knows I'm her mate. Then denied all attraction I feel towards her because the spell the witch placed at her request is very much still in effect. She also has no desire in furthering any feelings I have towards her because..." I couldn't even say it, that was how absurd her words had been. A part of me had wondered if she was not in truth still a little feral, a little mental, perhaps? "According to her..." I felt crazy just thinking of mentioning it to someone else.

Her voice abruptly cut off and I heard several excited voices in the direction where she was. I looked up to see her hunched over, her spine enlarged greatly as her breath became haggard. I could feel the struggle she had within herself. It was insane the amount of force placed on her, and we were only feeling it second hand. It was obvious that she had been caught off guard. Her spine retracted long enough for her to be able to look up and for us to see her eyes glaze over in a grey-white color before her change was forced forward. A large white wolf stood at the center of attention when a ghostly figure appeared. The figure of a woman seemed to be talking to the white wolf for a moment, but no sound could be heard from her.

The wolf made a strange sound, as if answering the figure. I watched as she tilted her head before turning, pointing towards Pennacle Peaks. The wolf made another sound before its eyes returned to the gold of Victoria's wolf's eyes.

"Stay here." It said in a very tangible link that reached everyone around. "I know where they are."

The wolf ran off and I could feel it, their need to follow her. The fear of losing a great leader to the unknown was gnawing at them. The figure turned towards our King. The faint scent of white jasmine filled our nostrils as she became more visible.

"You may follow her, child." Her voice was magical, a mere whisper on the wind that instilled calm on all of us. "But know that once seen, Victoria's secrets cannot be forgotten easily."

"Who are you?" He asked as if he did not already sense it. It was undeniable.

Her smile was absolutely beautiful. "Why child, I am the Goddess of the Muhn. My siblings call me Lumenessa." I watched as she turned towards the Peaks. "My brother has called for Victoria in his own way, I am merely here to give her the message."

"Does Victoria have deep connections with the Gods, then?" I heard the voice of Illarion as he watched her intently.

She gave a short laugh. "She has more than a connection, child. As I've said, tread with care. Should you decide to follow her up there, you will find for yourself what Victoria's true role is here, but do not forget this: It will come as a shock for most, if not all of you. And afterwards... You might wish to shun her for what she is, but she will still choose to protect you."

Victoria Featherstone

I climbed up the sheer cliff, not sparing the time to run around to the side where the path lead right towards the altar. I felt them follow me, but my mind was set on my target that she had given me.