2 - Trashed

~August 24th, Friday 6:00 PM~

I clenched my hands anxiously as Jay dug around in his bag for a lighter, the cigarette already between my lips.

Sighing, I tried to ignore the concerned looks of the people who happened to pass by.

Smoking was legal at 16 here, afterall.

He finally pulled out what he needed and grinned at me, lighting mine carefully.

I took a deep drag and felt my chest finally loosen the knot it had been carrying all day.

We were currently standing in the middle of the city, by the fountain with all the benches around it.

Jay had good contacts and we were planning on hitting all the craziest parties in one night. I smiled.

"So, are we drinking tonight?" I asked, knowing the answer.

He just scoffed,"Of course we are! It's not a motherfucking party without the alcohol, is it?" He said, snickering.

I shook my head, wanting to stay on his good side.

He glanced at me, taking out his cigarette and noticing my reluctance.

Sighing, he took mine as well, replacing it with his lips.

"You know I love you, right?" He asked, pulling away gently." But we're getting fucking trashed tonight."

I nodded again, almost in a trance. He loves me. This gorgeous man, with all these girls throwing themselves at him and he loves me?

What a confidence-booster.

Stuffing my hands into my oversized sweater, I rummaged around for another cigarette.

When I looked up, he was holding a bottle of vodka in his hand.

He tilted his head and eyed me questioningly, smiling ever so slightly.

"You up for some shots?"

"Hell yes."