// one //

"Next." A bored voice called, making me look up and realise it was my turn to do whatever it was they wanted me to do. The man in front of me looked very un-werewolfy. His hair was slicked back and he wore a deep v-neck. I was tempted to laugh but then realised that he could probably rip my throat out with barely any effort.

I swallowed a lump in my throat and stepped forward.

"Name?" The man asked looking down at a small clipboard in his hand. He really didn't look like a werewolf. "S-Stiles," I coughed, wondering how long it had been since I last talked. "Stiles Stilinski." I said again, receiving a curt nod from the man. "Age?" He asked, looking up. "Sixteen."

"On a scale of one to ten, ten being alot, one being none, how much muscle strength would you say you have?" He asked in a questioning tone. "Um..Uh... four maybe? I play lacrosse but I'm not great at it." I stuttered at the strange question. V-neck man made a 'hmph' sound in response.

"Do you know where you are?" He then asked, looking me straight in the eye. I thought about it for a minute before answering. "Not exactly. I'm pretty sure I know why I'm here though." I replied.

"Enlighten me then, Stiles." He said, looking slightly surprised.

"You're werewolves. And you want to train me to see if I could survive being one of you, and if I can, you change me. If I don't, you kill me." I said blankly, the words rolling off my tongue as if it was completely normal.

The man looked shocked. "And how do you know this?" He asked curiously, but I could sense his temper rising, as if I had defied the werewolves by figuring them out. "I uh," I stuttered, how did I know this?

"Answer me!" The man shouted. "I don't know!" I told him. I honestly didn't. "I don't know how I know! I can't even remember where I was before ten minutes ago when I woke up in that line! All I know is that you're a pack of fucking werewolves who are basically raising me for slaughter or actually to slaughter! So sorry for not being able to answer your freaking question!" I shouted, I hadn't noticed my thumping headache until now, and all I honestly wanted to do right now was lie down and sleep.

He looked at me for a second, and I felt as if he was about to kill me, but instead he smiled. It was creepy, but a smile.

He held out his hand. "Peter Hale, you're going to Derek's group. He'll just love a firecracker like you, Stiles." He said, still creepily smiling as I shook his hand. I could tell he was being sarcastic about that last bit but I didn't question it.

I went through the door behind Peter and he followed.

"Since I'm done I might aswell be the one to show you to your room." He said, as we entered a long hallway. The hallway was quiet and empty, everyone had already went to their rooms. Whatever Peter meant by that.

"Um..," I began nervously. "Peter?" I asked glancing slightly up at the man I was walking beside. "Yes?" He replied. "Do you know how I got here?" I asked, hoping I would get a reply.

"I think so." He said as we turned down another corridor. I didn't know what to say. "Can you tell me?" I tried. "Nope." He said as we stopped outside a door with the words:

"DEREK'S GROUP, DORMITORY " on it in big black letters.

Before I even got a chance to say something else to Peter, he shoved the door open and pushed me slightly inside.

"Stiles, these are your new roomies. Try to make some friends." He said before walking out without another glance.

The room was had both girls and boys. Everyone looked at me, some looked angry,

others sympathetic. Before I could do anything a body crashed into mine, almost knocking me off my feet.

"Stiles what are you doing here?" The person said before pulling away. It was Scott.

"Scott?" Was all I could get out. Why was he here? I bet this was my fault. It's always my fault. "Stiles sit down and tell me what you're doing here." He said as he lead me over to a small bed with a metal frame. There was another guy with light brown hair on the bed across from me, looking at Scott and I intently, interested with whatever we had to say. I sat down and told Scott all I knew about how I got here, which wasn't much at all. "How'd you get here? I can't even remember the last time we were together..." I asked after a silence had filled the air.

"He's the same as you. We all are. None of us know how we got here." A tall blonde girl said walking over to us. "I'm Erica. Welcome to Derek's group. I hope you don't die like the others, you're too cute."

~~~

After Erica talked to me I went for a nap. My headache had progressively gotten worse. Scott stayed beside me the whole time. I quickly fell asleep and began dreaming.

Lydia was at my door. She was shaking as she ran into my arms. I didn't even think she knew I existed. After my body stopped being frozen because of her touching me, I hesitantly pulled her off of me.

"What's wrong Lydia?Why are you crying?" I said as she frantically began to wipe tears from her face. "I.. I just," she began, choking through her sobs.

"Jackson's dead."

I jumped awake from my dream, only to find myself faced by the glare of a tall, muscly guy with a beard. "Enjoy your nap Stiles?" He said as I began to sit up in bed. I looked briefly over to Scott who was sitting across from me on the bed with that brown haired guy. He was looking nervously between me and the man.

"Not really," I sighed rubbing my neck. "But I would enjoy if you weren't so tall because it's kind of hurting to look at you right now." I said gaining a few snorts from the people around me.

I saw a brief sign of amusement on the mans face but it only lasted a split second before it was replaced with an expression of authority. "Watch your mouth Stilinski, or I'll rip your throat out -"

"Wait let me guess, with your teeth?" I said, finishing his sentence. "Exactly, with my teeth." He said before walking towards the doors.

"Who are you, by the way?" I asked, wanting to know who this man actually was. I was hoping I might see him more, it would be fun to push his buttons. He also seemed vaguely familiar.

"I'm Derek Hale, I train you and decide whether or not to kill you. Try and go for the 'not' part." He said, before leaving.

"You've got some balls, dude." A random boy said, who was sitting beside a boy exactly identical to him. "I'm Aiden, this is Ethan." Aiden said, motioning to his brother who waved towards me.

"Thanks I guess?" I laughed nervously, my slight social anxiety creeping up at me as I properly noticed all the new people in the room.

"So none of you remember how you got here?" I asked again. "I kinda do.." The boy Scott was sitting with said shyly. "Well the last thing I remember was being at work in the graveyard. I think I was getting attacked when someone came and helped me. I'm pretty sure it was Derek but I don't say anything to him about it. After that I woke up in that queue." He said not looking at anybody. "That was about a month ago and I haven't heard a single thing about people outside looking for me or any of these guys or anything, not that anyone would look for me but still..." He rambled. Realising all that he'd said he looked up cautiously. "I'm Isaac. Isaac Lahey."

Eventually I got around to everyone, there wasn't actually that many after all. There was Scott, Isaac, Ethan, Aiden, Erica, a guy named Boyd and another girl named Malia, who was already a werewolf but she was in training or something. She didn't say that much.

They all seemed nice, but I couldn't help thinking about only one thing while they were talking.

Which of us was going to die?