// nine //

A few days passed by and my suspicions grew with every passing minute. It wasn't just Derek anymore, it was everybody. The twins, Boyd and Isaac were as distant as usual, so at first everything seemed normal. Well, as normal as this whole thing could be.

But then, Scott became even more distant than usual. Avoiding any eye contact or physical contact. He was acting like her could barely stand being in the same room as me. It was hugely upsetting. With the length of time we've been friends I couldn't believe he would just ditch me like that. Was it because I liked guys?

Even Erica had stayed away from me during training sessions and any other occasions that we had happened to be in the same room. Ever since Lydia "predicted" Malia's, Derek's or my possible death she had kept her distance. She was scared. She felt that if she became close to me that she might be caught in the firing line. I could't blame her, I wouldn't try to save me either.

Derek being distant was more my personal doing than the rest. By now I knew that the dreams I had been having since I got here were actually my memories that had been stolen from me. And after my last dream I didn't even know if I could trust Derek anymore. Was it actually just a regular dream? Me fantasizing about our first date?

Or had Derek known me before I was brought here and didn't tell me?

It was all so confusing and I didn't know what to do about it. So, any time Derek tried to get close to me I made an excuse to leave. Even when he was giving us proper training lessons I didn't look at him at all. Whenever I briefly looked at him, he was looking at me. He looked so sad.

I missed him. I missed him so much. Knowing he's right there, yet I can't get to him hurts so bad. It feels like a glass half empty. I don't even know if I'm doing the right thing, what if I'm somehow making this whole thing worse?

~

I had grown accustomed to taking regular strolls around the building, taking new places on each time. It was relaxing. Even though we never had much to do during the day besides sitting around, it gave me time to think. Nothing could bother me.

Well... except this thing. Yep, I was definitely going to die here.

In front of me was this beast. It looked like something I had read about in a book somewhere. It's body was blood-red, and looked like a lion. It's tail had a stinger, like a scorpion. But strangest of all, it had the face of a man.

It was mangled, covered in deep scars, but it was definitely the face of a man. I had no idea who or what it was, but it's teeth were bared and it looked as if it was waiting to pounce.

I was standing still, terrified to the bone. If I ran it would no doubt catch up with me quicker than a flash. I guess Lydia was right after all, I was going to die.

I examined the walls around me, looking for anything I could use to defend myself. There was a fire alarm to my left. I could pull it, I knew the thing would end up getting me but at least there might've been enough time to warn the others to get out before it attacked them. Underneath was a fire extinguisher. If I sprayed the beast with the nozzle it might give me enough time to run somewhere to get some help.

While the first option seemed the more heroic thing to do, I think I would still rather live just so I can figure out what the hell has been going on.

The creature had started making its way slowly towards me, padding its clawed feet along the white tiles. It was now or never.

I reached my hand out sideways, the creature barely noticing as it was completely focused on my face. Quickly, I darted it out and grabbed the extinguisher from the wall, unhooking its nozzle and spraying it on the now fast approaching beast. I ran. I darted around corners, not realy focusing on where I was going, I was just focused on getting away.

I decided I'd better call for help, call for something. As I was running I began shouting, adrenaline and fear pumping through my body and taking it over completely.

"Help!" I shouted, turning a corner. "There's a huge ass monster chasing me! Somebody! Help!"

The thing right near my feet, I had no idea how much longer I could run without it getting me.

I turned onto a more familiar corridor, to the library. Somebody was bound to be in there.

I sprinted, opening the door and slamming it shut behind me. I frantically looked around the room before my eyes landed on someone. Derek.