Chapter 5

(God, I haven't updated this in almost a month...! Sorry about that, but I needed to fully plot this chapter out and I've been working on my other fics

IMPORTANT! The Big Project has been revealed and it's a ZOMBIES TV series screenplay! Or at least what I'd imagine a series would be like ^^ But sadly it's going to be too tricky to format it properly if I post it on Wattpad so I'm choosing to keep it just on fanfiction.net. My username there is the same so please go over and take a look! There'll be weekly updates to that so episode 2 should be coming on Tuesday~ Let me know what you think of it! FFN has guest reviews so if you don't have an account you can still leave a review

Anyway, we're back to the Bronzo AU, and I'm really happy you guys liked the last chapter~ It took me ages to figure out that song (I wrote it so it could be sung to the same music as Someday with a slightly different tune) but it worked out. So now we're onto the real start of the zombie integration...! I have some fun ideas for where this is going next~)

Bree had been on Bonzo's mind since that moment, since she had assured him that he'd get another chance to play in the music room someday, since he had blown her a kiss goodbye. Both he and Zed seemed like they were in a daze, completely smitten after spending some time alone with the human girls, and Eliza was trying to hold back her snide quips.

Even now, at Zed's first football game, Bonzo struggled to stay focused on the action once he spotted Bree on the ground. Some other cheerleader must have been unavailable because she was there beside Addison, cheering her heart out. Bonzo smiled to himself and hugged Zander to his cheek, only for his attention to be torn away by Zed being tackled into the ground. He shuddered and quickly covered Zander's eyes.

"Oh, zombie down!" Bucky's cruel laugh came from down below.

He led the squad through a short routine and Bonzo noticed Bree hesitate briefly before joining in. As she finished, she bounced a little and looked to her right at Addison, but she was watching Zed. Bonzo sighed. Things weren't looking too good for his friend. They weren't looking good for any of the zombies. If Zed couldn't pull through on the field, they'd be back to square one. No more cafeteria privileges.

No more seeing Bree at lunch.

He looked down again and caught sight of her searching the crowd. They're eyes locked for a second or two and though the familiar shock of discomfort did hit him this time, he didn't want to look away. Beside him, Zoey was muttering something to her father.

"At least the cheerleaders are amazing!"

Bonzo had to agree.

"Go, Seabrook! Go, Seabrook! Go, Seabrook!"

As Zoey chanted, Bonzo waved Zander's paws up and down, earning a giggle from Bree. Eliza turned to face them both.

"We don't clap for cheerleaders."

We weren't clapping.

Still, he brought Zander closer to his chest. He tried to keep watching Zed play but Bree was just too distracting and Bonzo couldn't help himself. When halftime came, he barely even noticed Zed beckoning to Eliza or her slipping away to speak with him.

Now back on the field, Zed suddenly picked up. Bonzo rose from his seat, along with the other zombies, shocked at his newfound strength and speed. Addison was practically screaming Zed's name in excitement and when Bucky tried to silence her, she snatched his megaphone away.

"Feel that breeze? It's not a sneeze! Zombies score and run with ease!"

That got a shockingly loud response and Bree took that as her cue, grinning up at Bonzo before taking the megaphone from Addison.