Chapter 8

(I told you I'd get the next chapter out quick~! (For once) Ahem *Principal Lee voice* Alright, Mighty Shrimps, today's the day we've all been waiting for, it's the homecoming game! ... You know what's gonna go down here ;) I'm planning on there being two more chapters after this, that should cover up until the end of the movie. I've been considering going back to the original Another Girl, Another Zombie one-shot collection and doing some more little Bronzo ficlets if I can think of them. Would you guys be interested in that...? Let me know~

I know the series fic has been dead lately, I've got the basic plot of episode 4 figured out but I haven't been able to stretch it out into a long enough story to fill an episode. I'm working on it, I swear! There's plenty of Limelights in the works, a very angsty Limelight AU centred around Alonzo and Zephyr (I'm literally only making it an AU cuz it's so dark I don't want it to be on the actual "canon" BG zombies timeline), I've finally come up with a few more BtB ideas and I really want to write that Bucky one-shot/character study-type-thing as well. There's a lot of stuff coming! Anyway, let's get back to Bronzo...)

Zed successfully made it out of Zombie Town without arousing suspicion but Bonzo was still worried. His friend was flinching and hissing in pain every few minutes from the shocks of his Z-band, but he refused to give up. Bonzo, for once, couldn't be the optimistic one in the situation. He hugged Zed goodbye before he set off for Addison's house and wished him luck – he sure as hell was going to need it. Bonzo headed for school alone, where Eliza was already waiting by the football field.

"Hey," she greeted as he walked over, "Where's Zed?"

"Addiska."

She rolled her eyes but smiled. She really was warming up to Addison.

"Right. Stupid question. So, are you gonna spend the whole game drooling over Bree again?"

Bonzo scowled and stuck out his tongue, making her laugh.

"Gry." Shut up.

- ANOTHER WAY –

"Take your pom-poms out there today, Bree!"

Bree frowned in confused and glanced back at Addison, who was fixing her hair for her. The cheer lounge was filled with chatter as the squad went about preparing for the big game.

"But I'm not a starter."

"Who says?" Addison gave her an encouraging smile, "It's time things changed around here."

She grinned back. Judging from Addison's positive attitude, her date with Zed had gone exceptionally well. Bree was still slightly confused what she had meant when she said Zed had temporarily turned himself human. Bonzo had seemed so stressed out over the Z-band hack but if it could do that, and it helped them make that little bit more progress, what was there to be scared of?

She'd find out soon enough.

- ANOTHER WAY –

The game was almost over and the Mighty Shrimp were still down by five when the coach called for a time out. What happened to their winning streak? Maybe Bonzo had been onto something after all. But it couldn't be that bad, could it? The cheerleaders snapped to attention and turned towards the crowd.

"Be aggressive, let's be aggressive!"

Bree took this chance to scan the faces before her for Bonzo and it didn't take long to spot him. He was sitting beside Eliza, watching her and clapping along with the squad's chanting, and she smiled back at him. Then she noticed Addison was no longer by her side. She frowned, turning to her left to see Addison talking to an exhausted-looking Zed on a nearby bench. Bucky had caught sight of her as well, though.