step two

fi·an·cé/ˌfēˌänˈsā,fēˈänsā/

fi·an·cé
/ˌfēˌänˈsā,fēˈänsā/

noun
a man who is engaged to be married.

"Spill."

      Yixing looks up to his brown haired friend while still biting on his pizza, a bit crumb sticking on the corner of his lips. The noise from the TV was loud, Yixing was the one who turned it on and change it into one of his favorite TV show, and Jongin found it unusual because it's unlikely for Yixing to watch the rectangle technology. He'd rather spend his day watching from his laptop than from an actual television. So when Yixing decided to came and offered to watch it, Jongin knew something was up. Heck, even when Yixing just called him, he knew something was up.

      "You caught me." Yixing lets out a small, amused smirk. Wiping the crumb with a tissue before setting his gaze on the show playing on Jongin's TV.

      "I know you."

      "You do."

      "Now, spill."

      "Baekhyun's doing it with another man on our bed. I was considering to burn the bed but decided it would be better if I move out."

      Jongin chokes on his tea, gripping his neck lightly while Yixing pats him on the back in worry, which is weird because Yixing's the one who needs to be comforted yet here he is, patting Jongin's back as if he's the one whose boyfriend cheated on him. And Yixing didn't even said 'my boyfriend's cheating on me', instead he said that he's considering to burn the bed. The younger male stares wide eyed at the chinese, who's still busy munching on his second slice. "And why do you look so casual about it?"

      "I've expected it. And it gave me an advantage because with me catching him, it just tells me that he is not the one for me."

      Jongin stares at the older with curious, concerned, yet admiring gaze. He's always thinking in a positive way — he's someone who says that the glass is half full, unlike Jongin who sees it as a half empty glass kind of guy. He tries to read between his expression, to search any kind of trave of upset on his friend, but he sees none. "Are you really okay?" Jongin's ready to beat the guy with his bare hands in no time bevause how dare he cheated on someone as flawless (in Jongin's eyes) as Yixing?

      "On Baek cheating on me? Yes. But with who he's cheating with? No." Yixing's eyes darken then, and Jongin was taken aback. He switch into a murderous face when he said the last sentence, and the brunette was a little shaken by how scary the older look.

      "Why?" Jongin founds himself asking it, eyes not moving away from Yixing's face.

      The chinese man blinks, his eyelashes softly grazing his cheek. His dark orbs didn't move to meet Jongin's wide ones, filled with worry and Yixing adores the look from the younger. He's fond of the younger male, often having the urge to just pockets him in order to protect him from the cruel world. But what he's going to tell him next is making him anxious, because he's pretty sure the tan skinned man won't take it lightly. And he hates to see the younger sad.

      "My boyfriend's cheating on me with your fiancé." Yixing doesn't wait a second to lift his eyes and meet Jongin's surprised ones. He watch as his eyes swirled with different kind of emotions — from shocked, anger, then they soften and the only thing Yixing can see swimming in his eyes were sadness.

      Nevermind burning the bed. Yixing would choose to burn Jongdae instead.

      "He. . . cheated on me?" His voice was so soft and sad and Yixing wants nothing more than to hug him really tight and ushers him words that will comfort the younger. And so he did. He reach out to Jongin and the younger bury his face on the chinese man's chest, finding comfort in it. Jongin breathes heavily, an effort to stop the tears from flowing out. He tries not to think about the day he proposed to his Jongdae, the happiest day of his life. And fortunately Yixing's scent helps him get distracted from the thought. He's always love the smell of the older — sweet, manly, undeniably Yixing and his embrace always feels like home.

      "Am I not enough?" It breaks Yixing to hear his broken voice. He can't believe his fiancé is cheating on him, on Kim Jongin, out of all people. The question Jongin thrown makes Yixing feel angered because who the hell thinks that Kim Jongin is not enough?

      "You are more than enough. He is not enough for you. He is not the perfect one for you." The chinese man raises a hand to graze Jongin's dark locks, feeling their softness and knowing the younger loves the gesture of affection.

      "Everything will be okay, Jongin. I promise." Yixing said in a gentle but convincing tone, holding the younger firmly but giving warmth to the brunette.

     "I know. You're here. I'm sure I'll be okay." He feels Jongin lands a kiss on his chest tenderly, and Yixing smiles down at him. "We'll be okay."

      It's okay if someone hurt himself. But if that someone's hurting Jongin? That person will get hell. Not from Jongin, but from Zhang Yixing.

      And a revenge from Zhang Yixing is not pretty.