Chapter 39

---[Shota Aizawa's POV]---

A few days have passed and he students had been practicing on perfecting their quirks. It would have been useful to have [Y/N] here to help coach them, but she was too sick to come. I'm sure she's all better by now, though.

The Pussycats hadn't stopped teasing me about me finally getting a girlfriend. I was a bit embarrassed, to say the least, since I wasn't used to the attention.

I had taken some of the students that didn't do so well to get some extra work. It was tiring to have to walk to the place, but good exercise, I guess.

Sekijiro Kan, the Blood Hero: Vlad King, was there with one of his students. I sighed, knowing that this was going to be a long night.

A few hours later, a message from one of the Pussycats, Mandalay, interrupted our waiting. She had the quirk of telepathy.

Everyone! We are being attacked by two villains! she sent out. It's possible there are more! Everyone who can move, get back to camp immediately! Even if you come across the enemy, retreat and do not engage!

I swiftly turned to Vlad, knowing I had to do something. "Vlad, I'm leaving this place to you. I'll go protect the other students!"

I ran out, wondering how the villains knew this place. This place was supposed to be a secret. Could [Y/N]... no, she couldn't have betrayed us.

Rushing out, I saw black steam above the forest in the sky. "This is bad...."

Suddenly, a voice came from my left. "Is your worry taking precedence, Eraser?"

It was the blue fire guy, Dabi, I recognized. His hand aimed at me and I saw his quirk activate in front of my face. "Don't get in my way, pro hero. You guys aren't the ones we want."

I quickly used my scarf to get ahold of something on the roof to get away from his fire, then activating my quirk.

"Well, I guess you really are a pro hero, after all. Even after you worked with Shigaraki to save your lovely [Y/N]...." He raises his hand to me.

"Nothing's gonna come out," I said, my eyes flashing red as my quirk was active on him. I used my scarf to grab him, then kneed his face and pushed him to the ground. "Tell me your purpose, numbers, and positions," I demanded, scowling. "...and what about [Y/N]."

"...why should I?"

"Because otherwise this will happen." I twisted his arm, breaking it. "Your right arm's next. Let's do this logically. If we get to your legs, it'll be annoying to transport you."

"Are you in a hurry, Eraser?" Dabi asked creepily, not worried at all. "You're in for a surprise when you get back." When he tried to use his quirk again, I broke his other arm, not having any of this. I heard a loud explosion from ahead.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Aizawa-san!" I heard a voice call. I turned to the forest, seeing Iida, Mineta, Ojiro, and Koda. I felt Dabi shifting under me, and with my quirk inactive, I jumped back, my scarf still restraining him.

"As expected of a U. A. teacher," he murmured, then turned to catch my attention. "Hey, hero."

I pulled my scarf, trying to pull him closer, but I gasped when the scarf just cut straight through him, making his body a weird, goopy liquid. That fire earlier wasn't his quirk?

"Are your students important?" he jeered. "How about [Y/N]? I hope you can protect them all till the end." He chuckled at me as he turned completely to goop.

"What's happening? What happened to [Y/N]?" I yelled.

"Aizawa-san! What's was that just now?" I saw Iida and the other running towards me. I didn't have time for this.

"Get inside! I'll be right back!" I told them. I ran off into the forest towards the main camp.

On my way, I heard someone call me. I stopped, then saw Midoriya heading towards me, carrying Kota on his back.

"Midori-" I stopped, seeing his injured body. He pushed himself way too far.

"Aizawa-san. I'm glad..." Midoriya huffed. He let down Kota from his back, panting. "It's terrible. There's a ton of things I need to tell you."

I tried to tell him something, but he kept interrupting me.

This guy's on high.... I thought, frowning. He then rushed off toward the camp.

"Wait, Midoriya!" I called. He stopped in his tracks. "Those injuries.... You did it again, didn't you? Did you forget about what happened in Hosu?"

He hesitated. "No, but...."

"So tell Mandalay this.... I allow the students of both class A and B to use their quirks to defend themselves."

Midoriya looked shocked, but nodded. He hurried off to complete the mission.

I picked up Kota, running back to the other place where the rest of the students were. My mind flashed back to what Dabi said. The way he talked about the students makes it clear the students are the targets, I thought. In that case, it's unavoidable. It's about raising the survival rate! Use your self-defense skills! I'll take responsibility for this, along with whatever punishment is coming later.

I kept thinking back to what else Dabi had said: about [Y/N]. Why has he brought her up? And what 'surprise' was he talking about? Was [Y/N] here at the camp?

"Mister...." Kota murmured. "Will he be okay? I punched him.... But even so, he got all beat up like that to rescue me! I haven't even told him 'sorry' or 'thank you' yet...." He cried on to my shoulders as I carried him. "Will he... be okay...?"

"Don't worry," I consoled. "He got all beat up like that because he has no intention of dying. But as a teacher, I have to scold Midoriya for acting without permission...."

"No...."

"So once all this is over, please tell him how you feel. If possible, put more effort in the 'thank you' part."

The conversation ended, and my mind went back to thinking about [Y/N]. I had to find out what happened, if anything, to her. I needed to know how the villains found out about the place.

But I didn't see Shigaraki or Kurogiri... maybe this attack is from another group of villains? I immediately thought of Katsumi and the others, but canceled that option. They couldn't have started the fire and caused such chaos. They were only after All Might, and he wasn't here.

I've only seen Dabi, but maybe he hadn't really joined the league and was acting on his own. [Y/N] did tell me that Shigaraki was reluctant on letting them join....

The more I thought about it, the more worried I became. I had to stop these villains protect the students, and get back to [Y/N] as soon as possible, I hope there aren't any casualties or anything after this....