AB3

I'm now on my way to a well-known restobar near Magnitel, which is suppose to be the place where I have my part-time job.

Not as a waitress, though. I actually work there as a singer. Perform for those who are there while enjoying their food, since it's technically a restaurant, that changes into a bar at midnight for partygoers.

My part-time always starts at six o'clock in the evening up until eight o'clock, since I still have my work before and that's okay with the restobar's management.

Also, the payment is quite good since I really don't have anything to use my money for, aside from my apartment and personal stuff. I do want to give money to my parents as my help to them but they always refuse. Saying that instead of giving them money, I should save it for future purposes, since they also get money from their work so it's actually fine for them not receiving money from me.

To make it short, my parents just wants me to enjoy every dollar that I earn for myself alone. Such selfless people.

I'm only a few blocks away when my phone started ringing.

Kristoff calling...

"What's up?" I said after picking up.

"Where are you? Remi is here looking for you. Your shift's about to start." He said over the phone. Remi is the restobar's owner and manager. He's actually nice, but strict when it comes to punctuality since his motto to live by is The early bird catches the worm. Don't know if that's actually necessary for my shift and work.

"I'm only a few blocks away now." I replied as I glance at my watch. Five minutes before showtime.

"Okay. Hurry up." He said and the call ended.

I ran and went to the customer's entrance instead of the crew's. Since the guard knows me, I just passed by him.

As I'm about to enter the crew room, I saw Kristoff tuning his guitar and Remi standing in the doorway.

"You're–"

"Not late!" I said, cutting Remi off.

"–Just in time," He said as he glanced at his watch. "You go prepare and perform out there. Chop chop!"

"On it!" I replied cheerfully.

To be honest, at this point I should be taking a rest in my apartment since working as a waitress is no joke. But somehow, music makes my weariness fade. Some may say that this is nonsense or may find it funny, but really, it's just music. Singing or dancing to the beat relaxes me already. So this part-time job is not actually a hard thing for me. Like, not at all. It even helps me to have a serene sleep when I go home.

I just so love music. Same as my love for him.

"You ready?" As I put my things in my locker, I asked Kristoff. The guy who called me a while ago and my guitarist every gig, who's also a friend of mine.

"Oh, I was born ready." He then smirked.

"Then let's go!" Says I, almost screaming due to excitement.

Then we went out and head straight to the mini stage. As we sit in our assigned stools, guests started clapping their hands.

"Good evening! Thank you all for dining with us tonight. My name's Vi and this is Kristoff. Now, We'll be serenading you with our first song."

Another round of applause coming from them. I looked at Kristoff, who's sitting near my left, then he started playing his guitar.

Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words
Killing me softly with his song

-
If you like the story so far, please don't forget to leave a vote! Thank you! ❤