AB5

Give me that can't sleep love
I want that can't sleep love

I was awakened by my phone's ringtone. Someone's calling.

"Hmpf." I said as I answered the call. I didn't even bothered looking at my phone screen to know who interrupted my sleep.

"Happy birthday, baby girl!!"

"Ouch!" I accidentally dropped the call. Who would even scream this early?

Give me that can't sleep love
I want that can't sleep love

"What—"

"Why'd you dropped?" When I realized who I'm talking to, I rolled my eyes. Of course.

"Because, I just woke up and you did hurt my ear. Like, big time."

Instead of arguing, she laughed. Yeah, typical Jizil.

"I didn't know you were still sleeping. Sorry sister," she laughed once more, which made me sigh. "Anyway, happy birthday!"

I smiled.

Yes, today's my 24th birthday and this is my 3rd year celebrating it here.

"Thanks."

"You've got no work today, yes?"

"Yup!" I said as I stood up and made my bed.

"So, what's the plan?"

I turned on the speaker mode then walked towards my vanity table and grabbed my hairbrush.

"I don't know," I answered as I started brushing my hair. "Just the usual, I guess?"

"Good choice. I'll be there in twenty." Then she ended the call. Might as well take a shower.

I'm now ready to go and yet Jizil is still not here.

"Too long for her so called twenty." I said to myself.

I was about to dial her number when someone knocked on my door. Probably her.

"What took you so long?" I said as I opened the door.

"Kristoff said he wants to go with us so I've decided that we should meet halfway. That's it." That's the time that I noticed she wasn't alone. I just threw them a bored look then opened my apartment's door wider so that they can enter.

After closing the door, I followed them to the kitchen. They often go here that's why they feel very much at home, which I don't mind.

"That's a lot of gummy bears." Kristoff said referring to the 10 packs of gummy bears inside my refrigerator.

"Gummy bears' my comfort food. As if you don't know."

He chuckled. "Yeah, I know but I wasn't expecting this much."

"Okay, enough gummy bear talk," Jizil said while raising her right hand sidewards. "You ready to go?" She asked.

"So much ready." Then I smiled so wide.

"Woah, someone's really excited." She said teasingly and looked at Kristoff, which made him laugh. I just rolled my eyes.

After our small talks, we decided to go and have lunch at a restaurant nearby.

Nothing much happened, just another small talk. And that's what I thought. I was startled when the crews started singing 'Happy Birthday' all of a sudden while holding a customized mini birthday cake, which I thought at first wasn't for me, but they headed towards our table, which I know Jizil and Kristoff's plan.

"You guys," I said trying to hold back the upcoming tears. Ugh, this is the reason why I hate-love surprises. I really get so emotional. "Thank you for this. I really appreciate it."

My tears are on their verge of falling. I can feel it.

"Don't lose it." Jizil suddenly said.

If I were about to cry a while back, I'm now laughing so hard together with Kristoff. Ah, these guys, they know me so much.

"Here's your cake, birthday girl. Make a wish." Kristoff said while smiling.

The cake has a baby pink fondant icing and a light neon-ish green colored bass and treble clef design with a dark pink 'Happy Birthday Vi!' sign with black and white borders. Slowly, I smiled. I like— no, I love it. So much.

"Thank you." I sincerely said then took the mini cake from him and closed my eyes.

I wish for good health and happiness for everybody. And as for me, all I wish is to meet Avriel in person. That's all. Happy birthday to me!

I opened my eyes, smiled, and blew the candle.

-
If you like the story so far, please don't forget to leave a vote! And what are your thoughts about the story? Go leave a comment! Thank you! ❤