I'm So Sorry

Note: Don't play the song at the top until you are told to. Trust me. Your friendly author,
Renwolf. 🐺

Mephisto

Two weeks later

My dearest Y/N.
She hadn't come out of her room in days. Only for the funeral did she actually go out in public. She didn't go to her classes, she didn't come to our sessions, Yukio told me she doesn't even come out to eat. I was so worried about her. Ever since her mother had died, she blamed herself. I could tell. That's what everyone felt like when a loved one died, unless you were like me. Sadly, Y/N was just the opposite.

I sat in my chair, in my damned isolated office, drumming my fingers against my desk. Amaimon was sitting patiently on my hat, eating some lollipops while I was impatient. I wanted to see Y/N, hold her in my arms, tell her that I would never leave her side. I growled under my breath, standing up from my chair and stomping to my door. "Brother, where are we going?"
"I want to talk to Y/N, see if she is alright."

I inserted my key into the door, opening it to the Okumara's dorm and closed it behind me. I went upstairs to the kitchen, looking to see if my little brother were around. Down the hall, footsteps came my way and I looked to see Yukio. "Mr. Faust? Did you come here to see Y/N?" he asked and I nodded. He rubbed the back of his neck, sighing before looking back at me. "She's been so quiet. I don't think she's even gotten out of bed today. I've made sure she has some work to do from class, but otherwise she does practically nothing but mope" Yukio explained. "Can you please show me to her room?" I asked and he nodded. I followed him down the hallway to a room with the sign, 'DO NOT DISTURB'.

"Y/N, Mephisto is here. He wants to see you" he said, knocking a few times on her door. No answer. "Y/N, it's me, darling. Can I come in?" I asked. No answer. I gripped the door knob, cracking it open the door to peek inside.

Empty.

I rushed into the room, shoving the door to the side. I went to her bed, scrambling through her sheets to look for some sign of where she went. "Sir." I looked to Yukio who was holding a paper and he handed it to me. I open it to a written note. 'I'm sorry. I have to do this on my own. No one else should die because of me. I love you guys, Y/N.'
"When did you last see her?" I asked. "The last time I saw her was this morning when I brought her breakfast" He explained. My phone then started to ring and I picked it up immediately.

"What happened?"
"Sir, someone broke into the Vatican and took the prisoner. He's gone."
I growled, hanging up. "Do you think it was the people who attacked us?"
"No, I think it's the opposite. Y/N took him. She's gone to fight them herself."

(Play song now)
Y/N

I had left it behind. The note. The boys. My friends. Mephisto. I had to do this on my own, even if it meant I died in the end. I arrived at the Vatican, my hands trembling and my knees ready to give out beneath me. I walked inside, sneaking past a few priest and other exorcist. I snuck down to the prison cells, looking for Evan in each one of them.

I finally crossed a cell and found him sitting against the concrete wall. Hope. He looked up at me and confusion colored his face. "What, more questioning?" he asked. I shook my head, slinging my back pack onto the ground and pulling out a pry bar. Evan look amused and smiled wickedly at me.

"I need to bust you out of here so you can lead me to your boss. He tried to kill you and he killed... point is, you want revenge, right?" I asked. Evan nodded, gesturing for me to open the cell. I pried the bar in the cell door and pulled. The door gave out and shot open. Evan stood up and walked to me, grabbing my backpack and putting it on his shoulders, also grabbing the bar. "C'mon, times wasting."

Me and him walked down the hall, finding the stairs to the main area of the Vatican. A lot of people would be here, but I would fight my way out if I had to. We walked down a small hall, rushing to escape the building. Suddenly, an Exorcist came out of a room and stopped in front of us. "Oh, Ms. (L/N). Aren't you supposed to be at school?" The exorcist asked and I choked, trying to find the words. The exorcist then looked to see Evan and he gasped, reaching for a knife at his side. Evan then hit the exorcist in the head with the pry bar, causing the exorcist to collapse. I gasped, but Evan shushed me, stepping over the exorcist and I followed him.

"I'm sorry, but you can't exactly be sentimental for people if your breaking someone else from a jail cell. Someone will find him soon, so we have to hurry" Evan explained, giving me the Exorcist's knife and I nodded, taking the knife hesitently. Alarms through the Vatican then rang and I cursed under my breath. Me and Evan rushed to the main lobby of the Vatican, close to the exit. We came to find dozens of Exorcists had come, holding weapons and cuffs, some with familiars at their side. Me and Evan exchanged looks before his eyes darted to my jacket. I nodded, slipping off my jacket, my wings stretching behind us.

The Exorcists looked shocked, but stood their ground. I wielded the knife and prepared myself along with Evan who was ready to fight. We then charged at the Exorcists, hitting the first few in front of us. The Exorcist attacked, throwing a holy water canister at me. It hit and it burned, making me stumble backward. Evan helped keep my balancing. I growled, anger starting to seeth through me. I stood up straight and gripped the knife tightly, lunging towards an exorcist and disarming him. I hit him in the temple with the butt of my knife and he fell to the ground, dazed. Others came at me and I spun around, hitting them with my right wing and knocking them to the ground, Me and Evan ran past them, Evan grabbing a paper and cutting open his thumb, spreading his blood across the surface.

"I summon you hell hounds, protect thee!"
Three hell hounds were summoned, attacking three other Exorcists who were caught off, including their familiar's. It was carnage and damage around us, more and more Exorcists arriving with more and more force. Evan grabbed my hand and dragged me with him as we ran towards the double doors in front of us. He inserted a key into the door and opened it to a field of grass, pushing us through to the other side. I then slammed the door behind us, locking it with the key.

I breathed heavily, shaking and tense. "We made it. We actually made it!" I exclaimed, melting against the door and onto rocky and grassy ground. Evan stood in front of me, shaking his head in disbelieve. "That was insane. Well, at least I don't get to sit in that hell hole anymore" he said and I nodded. I stood up, looking up at the abandoned building front of us. The doors were now worn down and the windows were either dirty or broken. It sat in the middle of this field which sat next to a dark forest in front of us. Where were we?

"Well, what do we do now?" Evan asked and I sighed, thinking. "We should probably take shelter here then leave in the morning" I said and he growled. "But leave where?! We don't know where we are!" He yelled and I rolled my eyes. I put my hands on my waist and noticed something missing. My jacket is gone. I sighed, shaking me head. "Dammit."
Evan noticed my sudden change in mood and eyed me. "You don't need that damn jacket" he said and I glared at him.

"It was my dad's."
"Would your dad want you to hide those? Their much more pretty outside of the jacket then inside it."

I was taken aback by his words. I didn't know he could be nice. I looked at the ground, hugging my arms. "Thanks, I guess." I opened the doors into the building and found some old tables and cushions comfy enough to make some sort of bed. "Well, lets get settled. How about you go find some food while I set up camp here?" I asked. "What, are we full on surviving now?" he asked jokingly. "Nah. Think of it as... camping" I said and he rolled his eyes.

He put down the back pack and started to search through it, finding a rope and then dumping everything else out onto an old desk, putting the bag on his shoulders. "Okay, I'll be back in a bit. Don't get yourself killed while I gone" he laughed and I growled at him. He then left the building, leaving me to my lonesome. I sighed, taking apart some of the old, brittle tables and getting fire wood.

I put the wood into a pile and grabbed a lighter, starting the aflame. It sparked and popped, immedietly lighting us the room. I put down some cushions and sat down next to the flame, warming my hands by it.
Ah, it was peaceful for once.
Peace, so strange.
I almost hated it.