Don't Leave Me At Farewell

Y/N's PoV

I woke up in a cold place, but covered by heavy, unfamiliar sheets. I felt a small sweat on my head. I snapped my eyes open and shot up, gasping. "Whoa, whoa, Y/N! Calm down!"
Someone grabbed my hand and my eyes looked to Rin and Bon, along with Shiemi, Evan, Shima, Kono, and Izumo. "G-Guys? What? What's going on?" I asked in panic and they all gave each other looks. "Your in the hospital. After your fall, we had to fish you out, and Hannah too" Evan explained.

I looked across from me to see Hannah, passed out on a bed with an IV in her arm. Then everything hit me like a slap to the face. Hannah, my wings, Mephisto. I looked behind me and saw my wings in all their glory. But, Hannah cut them off! I felt them with my hands and then a second thing popped into my head. "Where's Mephisto? Is he okay?" I asked and Shira nodded. "The big guys fine alright. Hes been distant though. Yukio went to go check on him a while ago."

"How long have I been asleep?"
"Just a couple of days. We've all been here to check on you" Rin said, a kind of mournful tone in his voice that made my heart break. "Im... I'm so sorry" I said, tears starting to fall from my eyes. Bon stood up and wrapped his arms around me in a big hug and I hugged him back, burying my face in his shoulder. Everyone seemed to be sad for me, but I felt nothing but guilt. I left them to go kill myself which would have helped no one.

"I'm so sorry" I sobbed.
"Its okay, it's okay. You didnt know what you were doing" Bon said. The door to the room opened and I looked up and over Bon's shoulder. Yukio entered the room with his head dipped low and I let go of Bon to look at him. He looked up at me with a kind of surprise that I had never seen lit his face. "Y/N. Your awake" he said in a calm voice and I smiled. "Yukio! How's Mephisto?" Rin asked and Yukio frowned like I had never seen before.

"I... Mephisto's leaving."

My heart dropped and I gasped, feeling like my heart had been ripped out. "What? What do you mean?" I asked and he sighed. "He doesn't want to be here anymore cause he thinks he'll keep hurting you, Y/N. He's going back to Gehenna" Yukio explained blandly. My lungs started to hurt and my heart felt heavy.
"Where is he?"
"Just at the front of the school."
I started to get up but Rin pushed me back down. "No, Y/N, you cant get up yet, you haven't recovered. We'll go get him" Bon said and I shook my head. "He'll never listen to you. I'm going to get him."

I pushed out of Rin's force and stood up and out of the bed. I stumbled at first, but caught myself. There was a stabbing pain in my side and a pounding in my head, but I pushed on. Everyone looked at me with wide eyes as I pushed past Yukio and ran into the hall. My feet slapped against the cold marble floor and my wings dragged behind me as I ran to a flight of stairs which I jumped down to get to the front exit of the hospital.

I got to the bottom of the stairs and I looked to see and exit sign and I sprinted to the doors and pushed them open to the sun shining directly on me. The outside was blinding, but I looked to the sky and started to move my wings. It took a little bit to get to a high enough distance, but once I was high as the third floor of the hospital I took off. I flapped my wings rapidly, trying to find Mephisto anywhere around the campus. I headed towards where the front entrance was in a hurry.

I didnt want him to leave just because he thought that I got hurt because of him. None of this shit was his fault and I was going to convince him of that. I found myself at the main building at True Cross academy, stopping in my placing and hovering above the school. I looked below me and saw a tall figure walking away from the school with nothing but his Umbrella and a familiar girl next to him.
It had to be Mephisto and Shira.

I dived towards them at a lightning speed I didnt know I had and I was breathing so heavily, I was afraid my lungs would collapse.
"Mephisto! Wait!"
They both turned to me as I reached the ground, slowing myself down with my wings before stumbling onto the concrete. "Y/N, you aren't supposed to be here. You haven't been discharged from the hospital yet" Shira said. I could see Mephisto look at me with hurt in his eyes and my heart fell. I felt so much remorse, but then again I was pissed off.

"Shira, I'm not here to talk to you. I know what is going on and I want to talk to Mephisto about it" I growled. Shira gave me a glare, but once she got an idea of what I was feeling, she put her hands up in surrender and stepped out of the way. I nodded to her in thanks and I stepped forward and looked up at Mephisto.

"Well, I see your looking well my dea-"

"Save it Mephisto. If you thought for a second that you could just leave and not tell me anything, you have got another thing coming! I was in the hospital and Yukio came and told me that you were leaving! And for what? Because you think that everything that has happened is your fault?! Well, its not a because I know that getting caught by Hannah is all my fault and getting my Mom killed is all my fault and falling in love with you is ALL MY FAULT! So, you are not allowed to blame ANY of this on you! None of it!"

By this point, hot tears are streaming down my face and I am gripping my fists so hard, I'm pretty sure my finger nails are cutting into my palms. Mephisto immediately droped his things and pulls me into a hug. I started sobbing and hugged him back, leaning into him so he could hold me. "Y/N, I think we can easily say we're both to blame, but we can make it better somehow."
"But you said you were leaving. You said it was your fault."
"Now I know that we can both take blame and that we can help each other, okay?" He said softly and I nodded into his chest.

"So, you're not leaving? You're staying with me?" I asked, looking up at him. He was silent for a moment and because of that, I squeezed into his arms with my hands. "Please. I cant see another person leave me" I begged, hanging onto him with all my might. "For you, I'll go anywhere, and if you're here, I'm here" he said. Just that sentence took me over the edge and I grabbed him by the coat and pulled him down to kiss me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer him. Can I please marry this man?

We let go for a  moment and I smiled to myself, a warm smile that I hadn't had for a while. "Mephisto, I love you. You mean the world to me."
"And you mean the Universe to me, love." He said, caressing my cheek in his gloved hand. "Please, promise me. Promise you won't assume that you are bad for me ever again, because without you, I'm at my worst. I make dumb decisions and act recklessly. I didn't know how much I needed you until I met you for the first time" I said, letting all those emotions spill out of me.

"Y/N, I swear on my life and time that I will never leave your side. I will always be here when you call and I will always give you all the time in the world to make you smile" Mephisto said, pulling me into a warm embrace. His kiss meant the world to me, his touch made my body shiver, his eyes were like no other. This moment was perfect to me.

Thank you Mephisto. Thank you my love.