The Big Reveal

This chapter has NOT been edited.

Thank you for coming back to my story. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Also, there's really not long left to this story. I'd say at most 5 chapters.

"You look lovely," Faith repeated for the nth time that night. Turns out, our little Faith had witnessed the whole entire debacle Daniel and I had earlier tonight and took it upon herself to convince me that I was indeed a beautiful human being.

"Thank you, Faith," I sighed. The first few times I was flattered but now that she had repeated it only a billion times, I was getting tired of hearing it.

"No really, you're super gor—"

"Ok, Faith!" I groaned. I placed my hands on her shoulder and gave her a light shake.

"I am a gorgeous person, I know already," I grinned at her. "What you saw earlier was just some sort of mental breakdown. You don't have to worry about me. I'm not self conscious at all so please stop with the compliments. I really appreciate it but I feel like I'm being suffocated now."

Faith's mouth dropped for a slight second before she quickly nodded her head.

"No problem," she grinned. "I was beginning to get a headache thinking of different ways to call you beautiful anyway."

We both giggled at that.

It had been about half an hour since we arrived at the venue of the party and Daniel insisted that we wait outside until his family arrived at the scene. The problem was, they were stuck in traffic and weren't expecting to get here any time soon.

"Can't we just go in?" I sighed as I turned towards the luxury hotel's entrance. I tried not to roll my eyes at the predictability of rich people. I would happily welcome the day they didn't hold their big events in the luxury hotels.

"We could but we're all registered under my father's name so they won't even let us in."

I groaned as I pushed my seat back. I may as well get some sleep if I wasn't going to be doing anything else.

"So what exactly is this event for?" I asked about twenty minutes later, not being able to sleep due to the loud noises coming from the hotel.

Faith looked like she was about to say something but Daniel beat her to it.

"It's an auction," he breathed out, avoiding eye contact with me.

I raised an eyebrow before turning to Faith to ask her if he was telling the truth, but all thoughts escaped my mind as soon as I saw the fallen look on her face again.

I was about to ask what was wrong but there was no need to as it became evident within seconds.

Hope walked towards us hand in hand with a smitten Aiden Clement beside her.

A gasp escaped my lips the moment I saw them and understanding dawned on me. That explained why Faith was so heartbroken earlier that day.

We all exited the car and greeted his family. It was all going great until his mother emerged from their car and saw me.

"What is she doing here?" she asked, her face suddenly looking like she had seen a ghost.

"I knew she was pretending to like me," I whispered to Daniel before turning to Mrs. Sage with a honey sweet smile.

"Why wouldn't I be here?" I said with my eyebrows raised.

"You shouldn't be here," she rushed out, "sweet heart, take her home."