Chapter 4

"Okay seriously, can I know what happened to you?" I asked while putting my shoes at the shoe rack.

"Nothing," he answered and swung the plastic containing ice creams to me. "Take it. I'm full". He stomped into his room and banged his door which made me flinched a bit.

'Well, this is new. He said nothing but what's with the sudden mood.'

I looked at the plastic that he gave me and quickly sat on the sofa to watch a movie. No matter how much I changed the channel, I didn't find it interesting because of the cold aura in the house.

'At least he gave me the ice creams.'

[Taeyong's POV]

I jumped on my bed and let my body to drift off to sleep so all the things were gone from my head for a moment.

But still.. it kept lingering in my head. Knowing that he was here really making me frustrated. Remembering someone who knew about him, I took my phone and dialed a number.

"Hey Taeyong! How are you dear? And how's Nayeon? It's been a long time since you guys have last called me," my mom answered from the other line. Despite of my anger, I couldn't help but smiling on hearing the voice.

"Hello mom. We're doing good. How are you and dad?"

"We're fine. Your dad keep asking where his phone at when it's in his back pocket."

I laughed at her statement. Well, they are really fine then.

"Oh mom, I have something to tell you."

"What is it dear?"

"It's about him.. he's here."

"Who?"

"Mark".

[Nayeon's POV]

It didn't take an hour to finally heard a voice came from Taeyong's room. More suspiciously, he was laughing. Wow, from a mad Taeyong to a happy Taeyong. Real fast. I put my ear closer to his door so I could heard what he was talking about with himself. Or was it with someone else? His imaginary friend? Woah too far Nayeon. Probably talking with someone on the other line.

So far that I heard was about Taeyong mentioned a name, Mark, but I have no idea who was that. I tended to hear more but then I heard a goodbye and footsteps came to the door.

I tried to run as far as I could but the door was opened in just a second. So I pretended to impress with the realistic drawing in front of me while licking my ice cream.

"What are you doing?" He asked, feeling a bit annoyed.

"Nothing. I just got moved by this drawing." I nervously said, trying to sound real.

"Really? It just a drawing of a frog eating a fly."

I blinked for a few times, realising that I just gave a very dumb answer. I should've said like 'I am fascinated of how this drawing can be drawn so realistic' or something else.

"Yeah, just keep going on watching that. The frog also needs a friend," he chuckled and left to the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes and then looked back at the drawing.

'Why must it be a drawing of a frog eating a fly?'

I walked away and back to the sofa to get my phone. There was a message on the screen and I clicked it as soon as I saw Donghee's name.

Wanna jog?
Sat 4.34 pm

Sure
Sat 4.36 pm

I'll pick u up. Get ready.
Sat 4.37 pm

Owkay
Sat 4.37pm

I squealed on the sofa, ignoring my brother who had his water splattered on the floor because of shock. He spared an annoyed glare at me and went back to his room.

'He must've thing I'm crazy. But who cares when Donghee asked you out? AHHHHH. Eh wait, he just asked me to jog with him. Not a date. Stupid Nayeon. I better get ready.'

I ran upstairs to my room and changed my shirt to a comfortable one for jogging. Before I left the house, I shouted so Taeyong could heard me, "I'm jogging with my friend. Don't try to call me. I'll be back. Don't worry".

I quickly shut the door before he asked me some more questions and put on my shoes.

'Of course I remind him first. If not, he's going to call me and ruin my beautiful moment.'

I went to the gate and saw Donghee already stretched out his body so I followed him quietly. His face showed a bit of surprise when he realised I was behind him and then turned into a warm smile. Without wasting our time, we both started our jog from my house to the park nearby.

The jog was silent since Donghee put his earphone on. I expected us to talk with each other more since we jogged together but no. Maybe he just asked for my accompany but not talking. Hmm.

"I wonder what you were thinking about," he finally spoke but kept his eyes to the front. Another unexpected scene. I thought we kept quiet along the way. Guess god heard me.

"Hey," he stopped while looking at me directly to the eye. "Are you okay? You seem to think a lot".

"Nah I'm fine. Let's continue?" I smiled. Just when I wanted to jog, he pulled my arm and we sat on a bench.

"I'm not that much of a talkative guy and hope that would make you understand why I'm wearing my earphone rather than talking," said Donghee.

No wonder. I nodded in response and he continued, "actually I didn't play any song. Just in case if you were talking with me. Later we could share my earphone and play your song".

"We? Share? You sure?" I asked in shock. Never thought he had the thought of doing that.

"Yeah, we. Rather than us being silent, hearing songs together might be good right?" He smiled.

I grew smile after hearing his point.  "Sure. But.. my song? Why aren't we use your song instead?"

"Maybe that's one way to know your favourite song and play it on the right day?" He cheekily said.

I playfully punched his arm and laughed, "Eiiiii what a flirt". I looked away so he couldn't see my pink cheek.

When I turned around, I saw him drinking his water while I just watched him with my mouth slightly open. And... he caught me. Dang.

He giggled before requesting his drink to me but I'm not the type of 'sharing is caring' or.. am I?

But no. I rejected his offer and told him that I was going to the convenience store to buy one. He wouldn't let me to go by myself so he walked with me.

Soon as we arrived, I quickly took the cold water bottle out of its place and paid it on the counter.

And again..

"Lee Nayeon?"

It's him. Again.

"Ah.. sorry. I think you've mistaken," I smiled and brisk walked out of the store. I should have asked who was him but the scene of Taeyong flashed back, making me to avoid him.

Before I reached the door handle, I heard him speaking, "no it's me. Mark Lee".

~~~~~
Sorry for not updating for decades. My exams had just finished and here I am. Huhuuu

And for a late reminder, I'm very sorry for my english and grammatical errors. Hope you guys understand me☺