Chapter 7

"M-my real b-b-brother???" I stuttered, knowing the fact that he was my real brother that I wanted to meet yet also the one who I needed to stay away from. But was all this true? He was not lying? Why me?!

"Please don't tell Taeyong, he shouldn't know that I tell you. Just act like you didn't know anything in front of him, like normal days," he convinced but questions still lingered in my head.

"But why? He's my stepbrother. He deserves to know what happened," I looked into his eyes and saw them shaking.  Was his eyes always like that? I didn't notice them before. Or did he saw something?

"I will tell you more tomorrow. This place is too open. Let's meet at library at 10. It's a close place that I could think of and you can make an easy excuse to Taeyong". Before I got to say any words, he asked me to push him, like I hated him and didn't want to meet him. I refused but he was too eager that my hand finally followed his order.

He then held my wrist and asked me to take my hand off of him forcely, which I did. That was when Donghee tried to butt in but I quickly stopped him and went back home. What's with Mark? He was really strange. Should I meet him tomorrow? Can I trust him? Ugh.

*****

I was on my way to my bedroom to get a shower but suddenly a hand grabbed my wrist and turned me around then push me to the wall. It hurts. "I TOLD YOU NOT TO MEET HIM," his thight grip hadn't let go of my wrist that made my hand turned red.

"I'm not meeting him! He was the one who suddenly came up to me out of nowhere!" So this was why Mark told me to look like I hated him. Now I get it. "And since you saw us, you probably saw I pushed him away".

"It's because he asked you to do so, not you yourself". H-how did he know? "Tell me what he told you".

I remembered Mark told me not to tell him but my brain was not functioning to think of a good lie. I told him that Mark just introduced himself. It was a stupid lie because.. why would Mark ran from far just to introduce himself, again? I didn't know what was going on in Taeyong's mind but his grip was getting tighter, he knew Mark wouldn't say that, he knew I lied.

I let out a small shout to show my pain he caused and slowly he let go of my hand.  "I'll meet him, you stay here, I don't want you to believe any ridiculous story from him anymore".

"NO DON'T! I mean I won't meet him so please just stay," I begged.

"Why? You like him? Or.. you love him?" He asked calmly but his hand was already balled into a fist.

"No, I'm not. I just don't want you to meet him. I don't want anyone of you to get hurt". I tried to convince him, no, really want to tell him that I was sincere but his ego controlled him. "Really, I won't meet him".

"How can you prove that?" His fist was slowly become loose and that, at least, making me a bit of relief.

"Don't you trust me?"

"I don't". Those words.. I felt like I was stabbed on my heart. "I feel so stupid to trust people like you. You can't even follow what I told you not to do but still.. you meet him. Now you told me you won't meet him, how can I trust you on that?"

My eyes became blurry and soon tears slipped down on my cheek. I didn't say anything and I didn't want to speak with him. I went out from the house without bring anything and headed to the park. Park was the only place to relax my mind.

'He don't trust me anymore. I lose his trust. That means I lose him. He won't be the same Taeyong. It's not a big deal but why am I crying so much?'

The night was windy and glad that I still wore the sport cloth, but still it was cold. There were no people around, just the sound of the wind and my sniff. I looked up at the sky and the only thing I could see was the crescent moon.

How I wish I could be high up there and no one will disturb me.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the cold wind and the calm atmosphere. A few minutes after, I heard footsteps coming towards me.

It's not a creepy, right? He's not gonna kidnap me. No one got a taste on me. But we if he take me to sale my organ? Ughhhh should I run? Should I? CAN I JUST BE ALONE PLEASE?

"Nayeon-ah"

Ouh it's just Taeyong. Thank god. But what does he want? Is it not enough to hurt me?

"I'm sorry.. for what I've said.. I didn't mean it. I just lost my temper..."

Taeyong was still behind my back, perhaps.. one meter away? I chose not to look at him and stayed silent. I looked at the ground and played with my fingers.

Slowly, I heard the footsteps became near and I saw his figure sitting beside me.

"I'm really sorry... of course I trust you. You're my sister and siblings will always trust each other," Taeyong said in a pitiful way.

For zero reason, the tears flowed again. Why am I such a cry baby?! My crying was noticed by him when the sniffling started. He quickly gave the handkerchief on his hand and I let out a little bit of scoff before wiping my tears.

"You still need time to "recover" so I let you to use my shoulder," he patted his right shoulder. I looked through my peripheral vision and then looked away.

Soon I felt a hand on my right shoulder and pulling me towards him. "You're the one who said my shoulder is comfortable so just do it likeeee this," he said while pulling my head on his shoulder. It was too comfy that I finally went into my dreamland.

*****

[Mark POV]

The next morning, I went to the library earlier than the time we should meet. Not wanting for her to wait for me instead.

I waited for almost 30 minutes but she hadn't come yet. There were some people that walked in and out, hoping that it would be her.

After 15 more minutes, finally she came. But not really her. Her relative. Her stepbrother.

"Taeyong".