Chapter 4

Sorry I took a HUGE hiatus, but I felt like this would be a nice birthday present for a friend of mine, so here we are! I'm going to try writing more often from now on. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My face twisted into a frown, I walk at a brisk pace back to my apartment. My feet skid across the sidewalk, and my eyes are fixed solidly to the ground in front of me. 

Hiyori has horrible taste in men, there is no way she's dragging me to meet him again. No way.

So deep in my annoyance, I do not see the man speeding towards me until I plow straight into him. The force of the impact sends me flying backwards, landing me on the solid ground. Too shocked to speak, I sit in the middle of the walkway dazed. I stay down until I hear the voice of the man in front of me.

"You took a nasty fall there, need some help?"

Glancing up, I see a hand held out for me to take. Trying to clear my head, I take his hand. His arm pulled me so far to my feet that I was inches from his face, leaning on him. He was so close that I felt his warm breath on my neck, the smell of his cologne, and it all felt so inviting. Without thinking, I rest my head on his shoulder and held him in a quick embrace. He seemed to be well built, and those arms gently hugged me back. I felt protected, and loved in spite of my anger earlier. 

"Have my moves improved yet?"

My face screwing into a snarl, I immediately let go to see icy blue eyes twinkling at me.

"HOW DID I EVEN FIND YOU AGAIN? And lord no, your moves are as sour as ever."

The color in my face turned a deep red, and I internally kicked myself for showing any form of sensitivity to Yato.

"You're right, I should step it up a bit for such a pretty girl. Wouldn't want you to get away." He scanned my outfit as he talked.

"You are never going be more than an enemy in your relationship with me, so I suggest that you back down now."

Shaking my head I start to walk past him, but he grabs my wrist before I can continue home.

"One day you'll realize how much you need me. I'll be there when that time comes."

Before I can say that day will never come, he is gone in the morning crowd of people.

Irritated yet again, I make it home without any more unpleasant interruptions, and sit down with Milord for the remainder of the morning.

                                                                                 ~

Why did I enjoy his hug? He's a horrible self centered man that I want nothing to do with, so why did I feel the need to be held by him?

Bothered by these sudden thoughts, I stand from my place next to a sleeping Milord and make my way to the computer. I have an interview this afternoon with a men's clothes store called "A God's Dresser." From what I've heard, it is a very fancy store with golden doorknobs and a dress code. It's probably a long shot considering my job experience, but I have to try. Looking at the time, I realize I have about an hour to spruce up. 

Rushing around the house, I button up my white shirt and pull on some black slacks. Smoothing down my hair, I lock my door and head to the shop about a block away on foot. I come to the right address and look up at the sweeping golden archway at least ten feet across. In the middle is a dark oak door with a golden doorknob.

You don't belong here, you might as well go back home.

Shaking my head, I walk straight inside and do not look back. If the entrance was not intimidating for an unemployed adult, the interior was definitely concerning. The employees seemed to be very skilled at their job, and there were only mahogany shelves and suits as far as the eye could see. The uniforms were slightly fancier than my button up shirt, the men wore ties and the women wore flowy black skirts. I was not looking forward to wearing that outfit every day.