Accident

It was supposed to be a normal day. All they were going to do was play their last show on the European portion of the Where We Are Tour and then get on a plane to head home for their two week break. Nothing too interesting was supposed to happen. Yet now, Luke, Ashton, Michael, and Calum were sitting in a plane, silently taking in all that happened hours ago. Luke's hair was flattened out and a small bruise now added some color to his pale cheeks, Ashton had a tear in his shirt that wasn't there that morning and a bruise on his torso, Michael's phone screen was cracked and he was missing an earring, and Calum was holding an ice pack to the back of his head. They were heading to Australia, but they weren't going home. Instead they were being taken away to a low populated town somewhere on the coast of Australia to lay low after what happened hours ago. Luke was sure he had the worst luck in the history of people with bad luck. He closed his eyes, remembering everything that happened that day.

It was a normal morning on the bus. They had all finished eating breakfast and were lounging around before having to do anything. Ashton was on Twitter, Michael was playing a game on his DS, Luke was watching a rerun of How I Met Your Mother, and Calum was watching with him. Late afternoon, they went to soundcheck and tuned all their guitars and went through their set for the last show. An hour before the show, they were in their dressing room warming up their voices by doing exercises that involved making weird noises. Half an hour before going on stage, they decided to go out and talk to some fans. They did the same thing later on, after One Direction's set ended and fans were leaving the stadium.

Things were going well for the first ten minutes. Fans were waiting calmly--at least as calmly as they could when they were in the presence of their favorite band--to take a picture with and talk a little with the boys. Then it started.

Luke didn't know what started it. All he knew was that things were bound to get even worse before it was okay again. While talking to fans, he heard a noise from Calum, who had been pulled into a sea of girls. Luke's head snapped to the direction of his voice, and saw that the security guards that were with them were unable to reach him to help. Luke flashed a quick apologetic smile to the girls he was talking to before squeezing through to try to help Calum. Michael and Ashton were doing the same, trying not to shove fans out of the way to help Calum, who was now lying on the floor.

Luke was the first to reach Calum. He kept a horse stance and reached down with one hand for Calum's arm, trying to pull him up. While doing so, he started to turn around so that they could try to get out of there as soon as Calum was on his feet again.

Luke stared out the window into the night sky. His teeth were digging into his lower lip. I should have just kept facing Calum... make sure that he was fully on his feet. he scolded himself, feeling his cheeks burn up once again. None of this would've happened.

When Luke had turned around, he was jerked back. A fan had grabbed Calum before he was fully on his feet, bringing him back down. This time, Luke went down with him, landing half on top of him, perpendicular to him. When he was jerked back, he had ended up turning back around, and landed face first on the cold pavement beneath him, right on his left cheek. He groaned in pain, using the bit of strength he had left to turn himself around. Then it happened.

Ashton found both boys lying on the ground and reached for Luke first to help him up, since he was closer. It was getting easier to move around since their security guards had finally reached them and were clearing out room around them to get Luke and Calum back up. Only it wasn't completely clear when Ashton reached for Luke. A fan bumped into him, sending him down, landing on top of Luke.

It should have been a quick fall, groan in pain, and pull up by security. However with their luck, it wasn't. Luke sneaked a peak at Ashton, who was next to him, and found him staring down blankly at his phone.