Chapter 39

Ruby and Atem seem to have no luck whatsoever though "You're the god of magic, think of something" Ruby says, they had told Mana and the priests to hide in the temple with as many people as possible, but they were cornered "Since when am I the strategist?" Atem asks "Simple, nothing I plan seems to be working "Their weakness is magic. What's the biggest meteor shower you can manage?" "Size of the city, that will kill me too" "I'll protect everyone not meant to get hit, do it".

Silver has a stare down with Seth, who quite frankly seems a little scared of the young king "Dad told me to do whatever needed to protect the gods, would that include killing him here and now?" "I think so" Summer says "You might wanna do it before Ruby is forced to something drastic" "Question, if we were to change the past here, would any of you remember this moment?" "No" Ra says and with speed only matched by Ruby Silver dashes forwards and Seth stands no chance against it.

Atem catches Ruby who falls down "I'm sorry" he whispers "I decides to do it didn't I?" Ruby asks "How many did we lose?" Atem asks looking at Ra "Too many" he says "Silver will have fixed it" Ruby says "I gave Summer mom's medical file along with the book of gods" she adds "No Bella didn't give me permission, I 'borrowed' it". Ra hugs Ruby and says "If Bella survived she'll give you a scolding, Summer asked the medicine".

Summer slowly walks to Silver and she says "There's one thing left to do", when she earns a confused look she shows him the bottle "We can't cure her" Isis says walking over "The fact she has two children is a miracle" "And 3 grandchildren" Silver says "Ruby has twins, they're scattered in different times at the moment" "Silver the portal" Summer says "Opal can't keep it open much longer", the portal flickers and closes "The future will only change if we leave" "Did you know Ruby was suppose to have a twin sister?" Summer asks "What?" Silver asks turning to her "I didn't know either until I read the file, she's the only one who knew besides Isis, Ra and Luna" "Now I feel terrible for teasing her that one Ruby is more than enough" Silver says "So no one else knows?" "Not even Bella, probably why Ruby didn't ask for the file and just took it" Summer says "I'm a terrible brother" Silver mumbles.

When Ruby heard the gate can't be opened for a few days she freezea "Dad we have to reopen it" she says "I can't- I can't lose him too" "Too?" Bella asks "Ruby he's your only sibling" "I am not having this conversation right now Bella" Ruby says, but for the healers that says more then enough "You were suppose to have-" "Bella please don't finish that" Ra says "But yes" he adds "Silver's gonna feel horrible when he finds out" Evelyn says, they had told her all about the teasing between the two.

Silver is sitting on a chair messing up his already messy hair "Wait" Luna says "Silver is a few years older then Ruby right? Why does the book say he's the youngest?" "Ruby's neglect to use the portals" Silver says with a wave of his hand "Opal won't be able to open it again for a few days" Summer points out "Would we remember anything that has happened by the way?" "Yes, for a while" Silver explains "After that it will fade and our memories will blend in with the current situation".

A day later however Ruby is dragging Opal to the portal "You trying to kill yourself?" Opal asks "No. Trying to save us" Ruby deadpans at her friend, this earns her a sigh "Aim at the top rune and think about your brother" Opal instructs the stubborn queen "Or Summer whatever you want" "And how do we let them know the portal is open again?" "They will sense your magic" Atem says.

Silver is pacing around when he suddenly stops "Summer who else knows how to open the portal correctly?" "Your very stubborn sister probably asked" Summer answers in a matter of fact tone while dragging him to the room "She doesn't want to lose you" "Thought we agreed I'm a terrible brother" Silver mumbles picking up his son "Let's go before she comes to drag us back" Summer jokes while lightly punching him so they go through the portal back to their own time.

Silver opens his eyes to see he's in his own room and he sits up quickly and he decides to check on Ruby "Silver" she says when she sees him and she shows him the book of gods "Why isn't Atem in the book anymore?" "Shit" Silver mumbles flipping through it "Yugi lost" he says "What?" Ruby asks "Yugi lost the match, Atem is still a spirit trapped in the puzzle" "What's the fuss about?" Ra asks, but the two simply hand him the book "Seems about right" Ra mumbles "No it's not" Sapphire says speed walking towards them. It takes a few seconds before the former king realizes what they mean and he looks at Ruby's tear stained face "We'll fix this, promise" he says before walking off, Silver and Sapphire look at each other and then at Ruby who is staring blankly at a page "She's going to do something that gets her in a lot of trouble isn't she?" Sapphire asks "She won't if we cover for her" Silver says while looking around them "Ruby, get to Domino, if they don't remember you there's a chance you never went there, get Atem his own body" he whispers to his sister "But use the portal" "I'm not Seto's guardian anymore Silver, we're not guardians anymore" Sapphire whispers "Seth's disappearance was a cause for that" "How are my two little angels?" a woman asks and the two freeze "They were just plotting their prank for a prank war against Opal and Drake" Sapphire says and the three notice a girl hiding behind Luna, a girl nearly identical to Ruby, but with darker hair "Can I help with the prank?" she asks quietly "That's a really bad idea" Ruby says "See, we don't want people getting caught up in between when it's not needed". They get away and Ruby heads to Domino where she changes into a cat to watch the group "Look I think the cat's stuck" Joey says, she isn't, but she needs to give Yugi or Atem a reason to touch her "Doesn't seem that way" Tristan says, so they want to walk on, Ruby jumps down, jumps on Yugi's shoulder, breaks the chain holding the puzzle around his neck and runs off with the object, she'd have to do things the hard way, though she feels slightly bad when she hears him scream at her to come back.