Ch.4: A Gift

Whoo! New update! Isn't that bloody magnificent?! I hope you guys like it. Rate, comment, and fan please!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Germany heard a noise that startled the living crap out of him. The little piano downstairs was going crazy. He grabbed his gun and peaked into the room, spying a rather handsome Prussia, dressed in only one of Ludwig's own white dress shirts. Gilbert's hands danced over the keys, perhaps even better than Austria. To say he was impressed was an understatement. He watched him, standing behind him and admiring the man who had been his only parent as a child. He heard a soft sound come from Gilbert and reconigzed as a sob. He was crying as his fingers pushed on the keys, feather light. Ludwig sat on the bench and wrapped an arm around his brother, watching him play. Suddenly he stopped and embraced Ludwig tightly. "Oh...West...I love you so much..." He sobbed out and Germany went all stiff. He wasn't used to such clingy behavior from anyone these days. He eventually calmed and pet silver hair lovingly. "I love you too Bruder." He whispered and kissed the top of Gilbert's head. He smiled. "I have a present for you East." He hummed, and Gilbert's eyes went wide like a small child's, making him absolutely adorable to Ludwig. He laughed and led the excited older brother to a room that was used for art and such. It also doubled as a music room. He uncovered a cage with a tiny yellow bird inside. The look on Gilbert's face told Germany that his brother was absolutely in love with his new present. "He's so cute." Prussia whispered and opened the little cage door. The bird came fluttering out and rested itself on his shoulder. Germany knew this couldn't replace gilbird, who'd been killed by Ivan, but he hoped it would make things at least a bit tolerable for his brother who'd been through so much. "Oh West!" He cried. He grabbed Ludwig and kissed him on the cheek. "Ohhh! Bruder! You're so thoughtful!" He squealed and nuzzled into Germany's chest. Ludwig was rather flustered by the reaction. Having Gilbert so close to him made his chest clench oddly. He had the strangest desire to kiss Gilbert, but he refrained. He didn't want to scare the Prussian. Prussia finally got off much to the younger beother's relief. "I think I'll name him Gilly!" Ludwig pet Gilbert's hair. "It's a girl, and besides, /you're/ Gilly." Gilbert seemed to be in thought now. "Then..I'll name her Lily." He decided and Ludwig nodded. "Alright, that's good by me." The two headed towards the kitchen and Prussia slipped on an apron, slipping another one on Ludwig. "Let's make cake!" He declared and started to get the ingredients, making a batter. Ludwig took the bowl, starting to pour it in some pans. Gilbert reached out and put his finger in the batter, earning a light slap on the hand. "West!" He whined. "Nein. Don't stick your fingers in ze food when cooking." Ludwig scolded, placing them in the oven. "Now, why don't we go watch some television while the cakes bake." Gilbert danced into the den, sitting on the couch and snuggling with Ludwig. The bird was fluttering around the two, chirping. "West~" Gilbert hummed. "Ja?" He asked and Gilbert just grinned. "Nothing.." He snuggled closer, falling asleep.