1

"when will she lose weight?"

"ugh, she's so fat"

"look at her thighs"

"i feel bad for her"

i roll my eyes at the girls whispering behind jeongguk and me. i've been chubby all my life, i've gotten used to hearing people whisper about me and my weight. it just hurts knowing the students that are used to seeing me, won't stop bothering me about it.

"shh, don't listen to them minseo," jeongguk tells me while we are walking to class. i frown at what he says. obviously, i will listen to them, they're talking about me. i just won't care about what they have to say about me. sometimes.

"why does jeongguk even hang out with a fatass like her?"

my head curves down making me look at the floor in embarrassment. i usually don't care about a thot's words, but when it involves my friends it makes me feel bad. it makes me feel like a burden. like they want to leave me because of my weight. i can't help but feel bad for them for dealing with me.

i can see jeongguk's hands clench into tight fists as he hears what the girls behind us have to say. i gently hold his arm and look at him telling him 'its okay'. he calms down, face softening. i lightly smile seeing him calm down.

"did you see that? he must like her or something"

now my hands ball into fists. she just doesn't know how to shut up. but my cool, calm and collected self won't do anything about it. i don't want to waste my breath on a thot like her. i force a small smile trying to calm myself.

"mm, maybe. but i don't think jeongguk would go for a girl like minseo," a boy says. i look back to see who said that half just wanting to know and half wanting to know the boy who knew my name.

to my surprise, it's park jimin. he puts on a small smirk when he sees my face looking at him with wide eyes, in shock. why would he say that? does he not think i'm good enough for jeongguk? was it because i was too fat? how did he know my name? i've only spoken to him once, and that was the first week he moved to our school.

i quickly turn my head around and walk faster to me and jeongguk's class. when we enter the classroom, the bell rings indicating our lunch is over and the next lunch is starting.

****

"you should've walked with us to class after lunch," jeongguk tells minji. i scrunch my face a little bit in disgust, remembering what happened.

can't people just learn how to not be rude? isn't that what school teaches you? the golden rule is to treat others the way you want to be treated. how come people don't do that?

"why?" minji asks as we leave the school building.

"because fart die min was behind us talking smack about me and jeongguk," i tell her, crossing my arms.

"well, good thing i wasn't there, or else i would've beat the crap out of him," minji says while pretending to punch someone. i roll my eyes at her response before getting into her car.

minji and i are neighbors and have been since we were born. our parents thought, 'hey, if our neighbors are having a kid while we are, why don't we become close so our kids will be close too?' and it worked. we're basically sisters.

jeongguk, on the other hand, became our friend during second grade. he wasn't new but he had no friends. his only friend moved that summer making him alone on the first week of school. minji and i didn't notice him until he asked to join our partnership on making a poster about a vocabulary word. i was hesitant at first because to me, boys had cooties, but minji said yes.

after that, we became an inseparable trio. we never do anything without each other. if one of us gets invited to a party, then all of us would be invited. the three of us were basically one person.

"i got invited to a party tonight, by the way," jeongguk tells us, sitting in the back seat.

"finally, we haven't been to a party in years," complains minji. i chuckle and nod my head, agreeing with her.

jeongguk is usually the one to get invited to parties. he's not 'popular,' he just happens to have good looks and every girl invites him to everything that's happening.

minji gets invited to some because she's smart and everyone wants to be her friend.

and i barely get invited to any. not saying it's bad to not get invited to parties or bonfires, just saying i don't get invited to anything outside of school unless it's from minji or jeongguk. i personally think it's because of my weight, but jeongguk and minji refuse to tell the truth.

"then let's go!" jeongguk exclaims, "party starts at eight, and it ends whenever the last person leaves or when the cops arrive."

"alright! then it's settled! we partying tonight!" minji shouts while slapping the wheel.

she takes a sharp turn going in the opposite direction of jeongguk's house bringing us back in the direction of our school.

"where are we going?" i ask, confused.

"the mall! we need clothes for tonight!"

i groan. i hate going to stores, there's always people judging the way you look and what you buy.

why do we always need a new outfit whenever we go to a party?

~~~~

i didnt know how to end this chapter but whatever. i usually end chapters with dialogue, so this is new.

thanks for reading

unedited