23 | are you?

i stared at the ground and a million scenarios were rushing around my mind about the girl that just called river.

he's cheating

he's gonna break up with me

i push all my thoughts aside and walked downstairs, wanting to confront him.

"what is this? are you cheating on me?" i asked loud enough for him to hear and toss him his phone that shows his call log and the girl that called him.

he quickly got up off of the couch "let me explain it's not how it looks"

i rolled my eyes "that's what everyone says now tell me. right now. don't sugar coat it." i yell

"where is all this come from" river said avoiding my question while waking over to me.

"it's just a question and you can't even answer!!" i said while pushing him away from me and walking to the kitchen.

"why do you think i'm cheating" he walked over to me once again. i leaned my weight onto one foot folding my arms.

"well you have been coming home late and smelling like some cheap ass perfume. if you got tired of me why are you with me still? we've been together since we were 15! WERE 23 RIVER!" i yelled while trying to hold the tears back.

"please don't cry" he took my hands "i have told you, i've been working late" he calmly said.

i pull my hand away "so you're just going to ignore my question?" at this point i'm ready to leave. he's acting like he cares that he hurt me with all these fake, sad expressions.

as i walk off to the living room river yells "i'm not cheating i promise i just can't explain things right now" he said running over to me.

he tries to grab my waist from behind but i quickly turn around "ok. if you're not cheating who is Jessica??" i questioned him.

his eyes widened and he bit his lip coming closer to me "you weren't supposed to find out right now" he said with a shaky voice.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?" i yell at him before pushing him "i'm leaving."

"no please y/n" he ran in front of me and started to tear up again.

"great acting river" i roll my eyes and start to go upstairs to get my things.

"i was going to propose next week" he said. i stopped walking and slowly turn around. "w-what are you talking about"

"Jessica works at a ring shop and i asked her for help, to find a great engagement ring. i'm so sorry for making you cry i didn't want you to find out i wanted it to be a surprise... sorry you had to find out this way" he holds out his arms for a hug.

"you were going to purpose?" i started to cry while running straight into his arms.

"river i should of known you'd never cheat and i was jumping to conclusions. i'm sorry baby." i say putting my hands over my face.

"no. no you weren't. it's okay y/n any girl would think the same if their boyfriend came home late and smelt like perfume that wasn't theirs." taking my hands off my face, he toyed with my fingers, before looking up at me.

"i love you. i love you more than anything, i'd never cheat on you. i need you to know that i love you more than i can describe."

he said while hugging me again and kissing my forehead "river i love you so much and i'm sorry for yelling at you, you're an amazing boyfriend and i love everything about you, your smile, your nose, your laugh, your kisses and hugs, everything."

he started to smiling and wouldn't stop, but i wasn't complaining. we hugged tightly for a bit before he pulled away.

"can i ask how you found out?" he politely asked "your phone rang and i answered it, i heard a female voice, jessica. she said she was calling to plan a date and me being your girlfriend, i told her not to call you back."

"babe, she was talking about a date to the church" he answered.
"i am really really sorry" i said while leaning in for a kiss, river stopped me "not yet" he says.

"the ring isn't finished yet but since you already know y/f/n will you marry me??" he said while kneeling on one knee.

"yes of course" he wrapped his arms around me and i smiled
"ok now" he said, i laugh as we kissed passionately on the lips then he placed kisses all over my face while holding hands.