Chapter 1

Kehlani POV

Hey, my names kehlani Parrish and, It's my first week here in Atlanta. It seems cool so far but I haven't did much. I moved here with my aunt because she has a new job , which means better opportunities for her. Ever since my mom has been on drugs and got locked up I have been staying with her and she has been taking amazing care of me. My aunt is like my best friend and I don't know what I would do without her. So I have to start school today, I'm not so fond of that but I just want to get it over with.

So it's 7:45 am and I just caught the bus to school. My car is being transported here so the bus is how I will get around until it gets here. So I go into the office and get my schedule.

"Hi, my names kehlani Parrish.. I'm new here, I came to get my schedule."

"Good morning kehlani, my name is Mrs.Thomas and your schedule will be printed out shortly . Please have a seat and I will call you when it's ready."

"Thank you , Mrs.Thomas." I said as I took a seat in one of the chairs. So I just sat down and scrolled through instagram.

So 10 minutes pass and I look up once I hear my name be called and, I walk towards the desk to get my schedule.

"Have a great first day, and if you need anything please come to me or any of the staff here." Says Mrs.Thomas.

"Thank you", as I get get my schedule, I see that I have a lot of elective classes. At my old school I didn't have regular classes, I'm very smart , I skipped a grade and I'm in the 12th grade now. I just turned 17 the middle of the summer in July. And it's still the beginning of the school year it's only October. I'm guessing since I don't have to take any special classes they gave me some extra ones because all I have is AP English, AP Biology and then I have elective classes, my first class is media production, this should be fun.. Hopefully.

As I'm walking I end up bumping into somebody and I fall to the ground.

" Oh my gosh , I'm sorry I should have been watching where I was going , here let me help you." The girl tries to help me up.

" no, it's not your fault, I was looking at my schedule."

"Well since you have a schedule, I'm guessing you're new? I've never seen you around here before. My names Jasmine by the way."

                        ( This is Jasmine)

                        ( This is Jasmine)

" I'm Kehlani, and yeah I'm new, it's actually my first day."

"That's good, this school isn't bad as long you aren't in drama or anything bad. Can I see your schedule? I can help you find your class."  I give her my schedule and she looks at my classes. " well you have first , second and fourth period with me and lunch, so if you want you can hang with me, I mean you barely know me so it's obviously up to you. " she says and she laughs a little bit.