Chapter 2

-The same day-
Anthony POV
"Y'all come on, I dont need y'all being late for school.." I say to my nieces , since I take them to school almost every morning.

"We're coming uncle A" says chaylin , my oldest niece.

A few minutes later my three beautiful nieces come down the stairs, ready for school.

             ( Chaylin, Amaiya, & Kayden)

" we're ready uncle A" they say all together.

" y'all look beautiful as always, now are y'all ready? I'm still getting y'all breakfast so we gotta go."

"Yes" they say together..

"Let's go then" I say and we leave out and I get their breakfast and then drop them off at school.

So I'm leaving their school and I realize I'm late for school myself.. honestly, their education is more important then mine,I'm almost done, they're just getting started..  A few minutes later I pull up to the school and park in a spot and get out and start walking to the building and  to my first class of the day which is media production.

" good morning Anthony, your late again, so please have a seat" says Ms.Brooks as I walk into the room.

" I apologize, I was dealing with my nieces and I had to take them to school." I say, as I walk to my seat.

" it's ok, just try to be on time next time" Says Ms.Brooks.

I shake my head letting her know I understand, as I'm getting situated I notice this girl with a lot of tattoos, she's very beautiful.. but I've never seen her before.. so I'm guessing she's new. I need to know what we're doing so I should just ask her and introduce myself in the process.

" What exactly are we doing? I'm Anthony by the way." I say as I tap her shoulder gently.

"Oh um, I'm Kehlani and we're just writing about anything we want to be honest, and close to the end she will choose people to share if they want to." She says as she turns around with a slight smile on her face.

" oh ok, thanks love" i say as i smile back at her and begin to take out my notebook and start writing a few words that have been on my mind lately.

People dying every day, that ain't nothing new, When you from downtown.......

This is what's on my mind since my brother passed away, he was shot multiple times and I feel like it's my fault because I feel as if I didn't leave him that day and argue with him, it wouldn't have happened..

I feel tears starting to form in my eyes as I think about him, he was on 25,why did he have to go so soon... I quickly blink my eyes to try to get them to go away, I have glasses on so it's not that noticeable..