Smile

Third Person

Sonic was neatly set down on the lake's shore by Rouge and Tails. Water washed over his blue and red quills. He gave his friends in front for him a sour look and crossed his arms.

The net around him was wrapped around his tail tightly and wouldn't let him move it. The net loosened around his arms but he could barely lift his arms above his head. I noticed the rope was starting to make it's way up to his neck.

'I thought that I could snap these vines easily... I guess that's just my luck shaming me again!' Sonic thought as he looked up at his friends with his deadly glare.

"Wait Sonic stand still for a second," Shadow said and Sonic looked over and stopped struggling. 

Shadow pulled out a small pocket knife out of his quills. He then started to walk over to Sonic. With eyes, wide Sonic started struggling, again and again, trying to back away from the ebony hedgehog.

"Get away! No! Leave me alone!" Sonic yelled trying to get into deeper water.

"Wait! Sonic stop!" Tails yelled as Sonic slipped into the water.

Sonic couldn't move his tail and could barely breathe because of the neck around his neck. He started to sink deeper and deeper soon out of sight of his friends.

While the others were trying to find a way to Sonic someone acted right away. Without thinking Shadow teleported to a place he couldn't see... But he was willing to do it for the Blue hedgehog.

When Shadow noticed he was underwater he found the blue hedgehog already at the bottom of the lake. He grabbed Sonic in one arm and held the Chaos Emerald in the other. With a flash, they were back on the surface.

Shadow's POV

I choked and gasped as I found myself back on dry land. The sand was sticking to my dark quills as I lay down in the sand trying to catch my breath.

I looked over next to me to see Sonic being untangled by the others. Knuckles was pulling the ropes around his tail while Tails carefully cut the ones around his neck.

"Are you alright Shadow?" I heard someone ask me as I felt someone sit next to me.

"I'm fine Rouge... Just a little disoriented," I told her followed by a cough that made my lungs burn.

"Come on guy! Let's get Shadow and Sonic back to the cabins," Knuckles called as cradled Sonic' limp body in his arms.

I was helped by Silver and Blaze towards the boy's cabin. The sun was beating on my back as we soon started to step on the light gravel surrounding the cabins.

As soon as we walked inside we were all hit by a wave of cool air. I felt refreshed as I was sat down on one of the bottom bunk beds. I could feel Rouge brushing the sand out of my quills.

"Where should I put him?" Knuckles asked us as he stepped inside with Sonic.

"Set him down on my bed," Silver said as he pointed to the bed right across the one I was set down on.

"When do you think faker will wake up?" I asked everyone as I looked at the blue hedgehog.

"I don't know... Maybe in a few minutes or hours," Tails said as he sat next to Sonic's limp body.

Steam started to fill the cabin. I could hear Rouge's breathing picking up behind me. Everyone else was panicking when they saw that the steam was coming from Sonic's tail.

The steam was soon so bad we couldn't see the bottom half of Sonic at all. The team didn't seem like it was going to clear out anytime soon. But out of nowhere it just disappeared. It was like someone snapped and made it disappear.

Sonic soon had his normal red and white shoes on. His legs were back to normal and all his buts and bruises were visible again. Tails ran into the bathroom to go get the medical supplies.

"I wonder why he didn't tell us," Knuckles said out of the blue as he watched the blue hedgehog.

"I think to know why," Rouge said behind me and looked down.

"What happened?" I asked her and Silver and Blaze's heads went down as well.

"When Sonic came out of the lake we were in our batting stance... I guess he thought we would take him because of who he really was," Blaze said as she looked over at me and tore her gaze off the floor.

"You got that right Blaze," I heard someone say.

I looked over to see Sonic wiping away tears from his eyes. I guess that Blaze was right about Sonic's reasoning. Sonic then gave us all a wide smile.

But the smile was fake...