Thank you

Sonic's POV

It felt like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It was like everything that was holding me down has now been lifted. I was a strange feeling but it felt... Nice.

The support of my friends felt nice and that thing pocking me in the back and always bothering me had completely disappeared. I felt like I had no more cares in the world. I wish that I have told them sooner.

I looked at the wounds that I had all over my body then at my friends. All this trouble could have been avoided if I said something before and didn't hide things from them. I was just to blind to see all the worry that I put my friends through. That made me feel bad but I didn't want them to be worrying about me again so I just smiled.

"Would you guys like to go outside with me to play in the lake? We came here to have fun didn't we?" I asked them and got up from the be with a wide smile on my face.

"There is the big brother I know and love! Let's go to the beach, everybody!" Tails said and we all ran out the door to the boy's cabin.

I was running at the same speed as Shadow and I skidded to a stop when I came to the line that separated the cabins from the beach. All my friends had already passed the line but there I stood on the other side.

I guess my body was still not used to not hiding the fact that I love the water. All my friends were waiting for me and I was keeping them waiting. My body was still frozen and it didn't let me move at all.

I closed my eyes and tried to hold back tears. I heard someone stepping in front of me. I didn't dare to open my eyes and just stepped away from the beach.

I then felt a hand on my shoulder and was pulled into a warm hug. I yelp out in surprise and fell into the person's chest. I could tell that it wasn't Tails because the person was taller than me and stronger than me as well.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Shadow. My eye widened and I tried to pull out of the hug but I was caught in his arms. He looked down at me and gave me a warm smile that made my heart melt.

"Come on Sonic... It will be alright. Just come with us to the beach. You don't need to get in the water if you don't want to. But it would be nice to have you here," Shadow told me and let me go and I just stood there in shock.

"A-Alright," I simply said and followed him over the line and I felt the sand underneath my feet.

Standing on the sand felt amazing. I felt like a whole different person when I was near the water. It was like the water was called for me. I couldn't hold the urge any longer and I ran towards the sea.

I speeded past me friends who were smiling and I dove into the water. My legs changed into my long fishtail and I came up from underwater giggling and saw my friends getting ready to get in as well.

"Come on guys! The water is nice and calm!" I said and they all quickly got ready and got ready to jump in.

Rouge and Blaze were just going it on the beach. They had there own little spot and it was far enough from the water so they wouldn't get splashed. They were just talking and I ended up waiting for the other boys to get in.

Shadow was the first one in and he ended up tackling me as he jumped in and landed on me. We were underwater for a good few seconds sinking slowly. 

In the brief moment, I opened my eyes to meet crimson ones. In total instinct, I got closer and closer to Shadow. He also got closer and I felt something soft meet my lips.

Hands pulled me closer and when I opened my eyes I realized I was kissing Shadow. We were still sinking and I knew that Shadow wasn't a normal hedgehog so he should be alright without air for an extended amount underwater.

Kissing SHadow felt right and I felt my heart skip a beat. Fish were swimming around us and it was bright and clear underwater. It was like the attack underwater never happened and everything was still beautiful and pure.

Shadow soon pulled away and gave me a smile and was about to pull me into another kiss but then he put his hand on his chest. I gave him a confused look and he pointed up and I gasped. 

I grabbed him under his arms and forced him up to the surface. He was much heavier now since we were in the water. Soon I leaped out of the water and ended up levitating in midair.

I used the water to make a small water bubble in the air. Through the water, I could see the surprised faces of Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, and Blaze and I waved to them.

I looked over at Shadow who was breathing heavily. The bubble was hallow inside so he crawled over t me and pulled me closer to him. I was forced into another nice kiss.

"I'd never give you away for the Chaos Emeralds," Shadow told me and I blushed a deep red.

"What are we going to tell the others back home?" I asked him and he chuckled and gave me a light kiss on my cheek.

"Why don't we just show them?" He asked and kissed me again and I made the bubble put us on the sand.

The others looked at us in suprise and we just laughed at their reaction. We I was laughing my tails ended up drying off and I jumped up to my feet. Shadow stood up beside me and I looked at him and gave him a hug.

"Thank you, Shadow,"

~The End~