Ch.20- Change has always scared me... but not now.

(AN- Anyone spoiling the story at any part, or it's sequel, will have their comment deleted. Spoiling the story for other's isn't cool, and it's kinda upsetting to have to address this in the first place since it's started to appear in this book as of late. Reading the story and finding out the reveals yourself provides a much more enjoyable experience. So please don't ruin the story or the fun of reading for yourself and others by spoiling. Enjoy the read every one.)

(AN- Ch.20 fanart of Bakugou and cAAArL's take on reader. If you make any sort of art, mood boards, off shot fics etc for this series, please let me know as I'd be over joyed to see it and would be delighted to share it as well!)

The room was quiet as the pacing continued, the beige carpet beneath her feet by this point leaving a seeable trail. The pink skinned female shook her head again, crossing off yet another solution to the problem from her list.

The familiar and comforting scents of the apartment not giving her any sense of ease at this moment as she thought about the owner of this home. How it had been decided to bring her back to her home in case this truly was the end... so (Name) would at least be in her own home in her final moments.

But with Uraraka's delay spell ticking down its final minutes now, Mina refused to give up. She was going to find a solution to this! She wasn't going to lose one of the first new friends she had made after such a long time because of this...

"Ashido..." Kirishima called to her, stepping in close and grabbing the pacing female. "Ashido..."

Mina refused to calm down, even when Kirishima brought her in close and squeezed her tight. His friendly and warm arms making her feel like she was in a safe and protective place, one where she could finally show how scared she was at this moment, how afraid she was for everyone... for you.

Was it really over? Was Alcide really gone? Was Kirishima going to really be okay with that nasty gash in his arm? Did this mean they all could finally find a good place to live? Could Kaminari finally date humans without hunters thinking he meant them harm because of what he was? Would... would she be able to live the life she dreamed about?

"I don't know how to feel, Kiri." She choked back, her voice strained and fearful. "I don't know if I should be happy or sad..."

Kirishima nodded against her, holding her close to him, his own body selfishly wanting to be comforted as well. He had been so worried about Bakugou and you these last few weeks that he had completely ignored himself.

And now, after everything had passed, he couldn't help but feel like he had gone and fallen into some kind of rabbit hole. His entire world of abnormalities having gone dull with the announcement that... you'd be passing soon.

A friend who he had come to know and appreciate. A girl he first wanted to just help understand Bakugou and how he worked to now a girl who he wanted to spend time with and ask how to make those macaroons... his opportunity missed.

The door to your bedroom opened as the other set of three came out. Their faces sunken and full of regret as Kirishima and Mina's. The embracing pair slowly pulled away from one another, knowing they had to somehow keep being a pillar of strength at this moment.

Todoroki, Midoriya, and Uraraka had known you for so much longer... they had many more stories, memories, and emotions tied with you. This was much harder on them, and thus, they needed someone to help them through this.