Special Chapter #1: Momo's Birthday

Momo's POV

It was at 10 in the morning when I woke up. I smiled to myself and jumped out of bed and ran to Kura's room. "Kura! Do you know what today it is?" I ask through the door, but no reply came. I cracked the door just enough to see her empty bed. I go to Ayumi's room as well, and see that both she and Nagato were not there. "Where the hell is everyone?"

Even when I bounced down the stairs, expecting Tobi to be pissing off Hidan and Sasori and Deidara fighting, I heard nor saw anyone. "I guess they forgot what day it is today." I frowned and changed my clothes to black and ripped skinny jeans, a plain dark grey t-shirt, and a studded bracket and choker. I grabbed my black hoodie, and slipped on my red and black 'All Star Converse' and headed out the front door.

It took me 8 hours to walk from the house, to the park, to the grocery store, and to the anime store, and I never ONCE saw even a glimpse of any of them. My birthday was turning out the worst.

I walked back to the park and say a five year old having a birthday party. The worst part is, they were singing the 'Happy Birthday' song.

Sighing, I walk over to the swings. Standing on top of one, I started rocking myself back and forth for 2 hours, think about how my best friends, and the people who are now like my family, forget my birthday? I jumped off the swing and walked to the slide. I sat under the little castle area where you're supposed to go down, but I just sat there with my head in my legs.

With tears threatening to fall, I hear my name being called out by multiple people.

"Momo!!" It was Ayumi...

"Mo!" That was Kura...

"Momo! If you can hear us, go back to the house! We have been looking for you!!" Deidara? I go down the slide and run to their voices.

I see then running down the sidewalk covered in sweat and panting like crazy.

"Momo! Where have you been! We were worried sick, yeah!" I was embraced by a set of arms... Melting into the embrace, I hugged back and put my face on the crook of his neck.

"I left because I thought all of you forgot about..." I stopped my sentence and bit my bottom lip.

"Your birthday?" I looked up to the owner of the voice. "Do you think we would ever forget your birthday, Mo?"

"Yeah, Semapi. We have been friends for a long time. How could we forget?" Ayumi stated. I was then embraced by two more sets of arms.

"Momo. Don't ever do that to us again." Deidara whispered into my ear, only loud enough for me to hear.

We all break out of the hug and return back to the house, and the entire way, Ayumi was texting someone.

When we entered the house, all the lights were off for a moment, then they flickered on and all the Akatsuki members jumped out from their hiding places.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMO/MO/SEMPAI/AKUMA/BRAT/B****!" Everyone shouted at once, each saying a different name for me. I smiled greatly, and went over to the group and hugged each of them, even Tobi.

I looked around and saw a banner saying 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMO!' in all capitals, food on the table (most likely catering or Ayumi's cooking,) balloons everywhere, and confetti every once and awhile.

I smiled and asked, "So who was the one who had the idea for a surprise party?" I looked around and saw everyone pointing at Deidara's blushing face. "Thank, Deidara. Also, who had the idea for everyone to leave the house when I woke up, thinking that everyone forgot my birthday?" I looked around and saw the depressed face of Ayumi with her hand up, and Kura's still emotionless face with her hand as well.