A Battle Cry

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

Here is the following chapter of Legendary Partner Book where the Avengers first met Thanos. Will they win the fight?

Read to find out.

It may be not as good as the previous chapter as I struggled to find the right words to describe all this. 

Hope you'll enjoy.

Please leave a vote or a message.

Words: 2767

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fear him.

The whisper of a foreign foot brushing the surface of the Earth brought an end to the slander created by the dragon, the Asgardians slowly realising they had a worse opponent stepping on their territory. The snake of fear was slowly crawling its way into the Asgardian's hearts as the titan's gaze fell upon them like a death sentence.

The amethyst alien took a deep breath, oxygen filling his lungs while a smile tugged at his lips, an air of pleasant plastered on his relaxed face. He had reached his final destination to retrieve the Infinity Stones.

Dread him.

His dark eyes roamed the petrified crowd, the fragrance of horror tickling his nostrils, enjoying the sight of frozen Asgardians, looking at him as if he was the personification of Death himself. He considered himself as the Hand of Justice, the Infinity Stone Bearer. He will stop the end of the universe, no matter what the cost would be. After all, he had nothing to lose, or did he?

Stand against him.

One name to rule them all, or will someone stand against the almighty titan?

His name had sent shivers of pure terror down the strongest minds over the weeks, the glimpse of his power destroying the bravest heroes, dwelling in the darkest part of the universe, he had finally come out of his lair.

Silence welcomed the newcomer, a silence so heavy you could hear a pin drop while his eyes scanned the breathing beings.

Face him.

Next, to Loki, you stood motionless, eyeing the dark alien carefully. His golden armour shone brightly hugging his muscular body as if he was a gladiator coming out of an arena. What next move was he going to make? Was he ready to slay an entire people to have the Infinity Stone? A thousand questions were nestled in the mist of your mind, waiting for an answer to come out and bring some relief to your troubled heart. Uncertainty, the fear of the unknown, was one of the worst things to encounter as the world is as unpredictable as a war. You never know what will be next and even if that probably was part of a strategical endgame, the team felt uneasy at Thanos' appearance.

The threat has come. He has arrived.

How was this encounter going to end?

Will death success or justice thrive?

Face him.

The moment his eyes locked with yours, a glow brightened his darkened orbs, tickling the sense of recognition. He knew you from... somewhere.

You raised your head up, hiding the clawing fear in your bones behind your composure. Loki straightened, his whole body tensing at the newcomer approach. From the corner of your eye, you noticed the god's jaw tightened as well as his eyes turned a cold blue colour. You knew that look.

It was the look of fear, a traumatic fear.

Except for Thor, it was the first encounter with the alien for the team and they all apprehended this moment. The moment you knew if it was the end of a lost fight your heart missed a bit but a small voice in our head repeated,"but wasn't the Avengers the team of hope and the shield to alien threats?" It was.