A Fleeting Despair

A/N: Hello my dear readers!

Here is the following chapter of Legendary Partner with a beautiful drawing from madrytovaa. Thank you for this cover, my friend.

Is the world ready to adapt in order to survive?

Read to find out.

Hope you enjoy!

Please leave a vote or a comment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Illusions are the masks of reality, degrading the truth into the utopian unreachable world that offers the lie. The pleasant lie which will warm your heart to hide the true identity of life. Is it a benedit or a crual joke, none shall say, except the God of Lies perhaps.

Truth is not flexible, lies are. Lies adapt to your mind, while you should adapt to the truth.

Today was a day where the Avengers should adapt to the harsh truth that is defeat. The team wasn't broken, not yet but it was on the verge of drowning into despair and you couldn't let that happen. When everything falls to ashes, only the memories remain. These emotions running through your veins like a burning poison made you realise that nothing is immortal. Everything fades from one way or another. It could happen to the Avengers but also to Thanos.

« Nothing is lost as long as you don't say you give up » you muttered to the group.

Broody moods, lost in thoughts, and fear crawling its way in the darkest parts of their minds, the Avengers were the ghosts of themselves.

What is a soldier without a war, without hope?

What is an assassin without a target?

What is a god without power?

What is a genius without his inventions?

What is a spider without its web?

All things are intertwined in the core of life, meaningless without a purpose until it unlocked the key to your future.

Thanos was the key to extinction, the Avengers were the pillars of Earth. He was the greatest threat they had ever faced, reminding them of their flaws in one encounter, retelling the fragrance of fear and crushing defeat.

Overcome, beat out by the amethyst alien, the weight of defeat burdened their shoulders, heavy sighs leaving their lips as the gears of their minds were rolling.

Tony sipped his glass of whiskey thoughtfully, his honey eyes lost in the amber colour of the liquid. His face was the quintessence of hidden worry, his fingers twitching around the frame of the glass while his spirit recalled the fight.

Steve was sat next to Bucky and Sam, lost in a daze, trying to comprehend the ultimate threat they had to confront. His blond hair was dishevelled, his face the epitome of confusion while his azure eyes locked with the table. Your gaze swift to Peter Parker. The teenage boy was frowning, his usually smiling face curled up in a frown and you couldn't help but reach your hand to bring back some lights in his hazel eyes. However, he left the room before you had the chance to stop him. Immediately, you got up, following the boy, unaware of the heavy gazes on your back, both belonging to cerulean eyes from a sorcerer and a god.

You followed the young kid disappearing in the corridors, the urge to comfort him overwhelming your body, which was probably coming from your dragon abilities, so you left the living room without a word.