Let Me Help

Warning: talks about the topics of depression, self harm, and drinking

Also fanart isn't mine!
---------------------------------------------------------

Phil's POV

Cuts.

Scars.

   And more cuts...that's what I saw and it wasn't even both arms let alone his full arm. When I noticed my eyes widened and I froze. He must of noticed because he immediately pulled his sleeve down then jumped slightly. "Y-y-you didn't s-se-see anything!" He stammered and held back tears then bit his lip.
   "Dan...?" I look him in the eyes "why did you do that...?"
   "W-why would you c-care when you don't even know me?!" He yelled softly as tears started to fall from his eyes.
   "Because no one should have to go through that no matter who they are. And you seem like such a kind person and you don't deserve how you are treated." I said sternly.
   "B-but I do. Everyone s-says s-s-so..I'm a broken mess and unloveable freak." He says quietly and cries harder.
   "Then let me help put you back together" I say and wipe some tears off his face. He just nods slightly and cries more. Then I stand up and hold out a hand for him.

Dan's POV

   He holds a hand out for me and I grab it. As much as I hate admitting it I need help..he is the only one who has offered any so I accepted. He is also the only one who knows that these cuts and scars exist...which sucks but whatever. Although he probably won't help for long..he will soon realize that I can't be fixed or that I'm a freak. Then he will start to get bullied. Wait! He will start to get bullied! "Y-you need to stay a-away from me!" I yell slightly starting to freak out. There is no one in the halls because school is over so its just us. "Wait, why?" Phil looks at me extremely confused.
   "You w-will g-get bullied and h-hurt-" I start crying and shaking, "y-you w-will-" I'm cut off by my hands being grabbed.
   "Dan, I'll be fine. I promise you. Just calm down. Okay?" He says softly and rubs my hands with his thumbs. I nod softly but keep shaking. "Shhh" he very quietly says and keeps rubbing my hands. I slowly start to calm down, but I'm still freaking out and really want to cut...but I know I shouldn't. I also have no one at home tonight. My parents are working and my brothers at a friends house. I look up at Phil slightly "U-uhm...I-I uhm..." I mumble and don't look him in the eyes.
  "What is it?" he asks sounding concerned. Well now I have to tell him.
   "I uhm w-want t-t-to cut r-really bad and-" he stops me and grabs my chin making me look at him.
   "Come over tonight. My parents won't mind. Plus its Friday so there is no school. You can borrow a pair of my clothes for pajamas. Okay?" he says seriously. I nod softly then hug him. "Thanks..." I mumble into his chest. He hums in response and hugs back softly. I let go and wipe my eyes with the back of my sleeve. I then pick up the rest of my stuff. "I need to go to my locker" I say and look down slightly. He nods and motions for me to lead the way. I walk to my locker and put my stuff away then put my sketchbook in my backpack amd shut my locker.

~Skip brought to you by Phil dabbing ~

   We finally arrived at Phils house and I look around slightly. We go in and its a really nice house. "Let's go up to my room" he says and starts walking upstairs. I nod and follow him. Once we get up there he sets his bag down and walks over to his dresser. I go over and sit on his bed and look around. "Do you smoke?" Phil asks and looks at me with a cigarette in his mouth. I shake my head softly, "no, I only drink.." I say softly.
   "How do you get ahold of alcohol?" he questions and raises an eyebrow then lights the cigarette.
   "M-my dad d-drinks so I take his beer. I also drink straight up vodka when I want to forget all my problems. But I normally do that after I cut and then cry," I say and looks down, "I have gone to school with hangovers before." I say quietly and shrug. He walks over and sits next to me and blows out some smoke.
   "Dan, I understand a beer or two. But straight up vodka mixed with cutting? Thats so bad for you." He frowns slightly and places a hand on my knee. I look down at my knee and blush slightly.
  "Why are you doing all of this?" I ask and look at him. He thinks about it for a minute or two then looks me directly in the eyes.
   "I want to prove to you that you aren't unloveable."

-----------------------------------------------------
   Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Also updating schedule will be weird because school has started (sadly) and I cri. Welp that's all for now. Bye-onara~