Chapter 3

"What the hell are you talking about?" Shivaay Singh Oberoi screamed at the man in front of him who had the guts to enter his Mansion a minute ago and tell him and his family to basically get out of it. He had just come back from Goa a few hours ago and now this!

"I am just saying what is right. You have to vacate this mansion in less than two hours." The man, dressed in a tailored suit, said calmly.

"And why would we do that?" Tej Singh Oberoi asked in a composed tone.

"Because this mansion is not yours. You do not own it." The man replied as a matter of fact and Shivaay chuckled.

"I think you have got it wrong. This mansion is owned by my wife, Mrs Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi and we are not going anywhere." Shivaay replied and shrugged. "I think you should leave now."

"I think you have got it wrong. Your wife is not the owner of this mansion. My Boss is." The man said with a smile and the Oberois frowned.

"What are you trying to say? That my wife sold this mansion to some random person without telling us?" Shivaay jokingly asked and laughed.

"How would I know? All I know is that you are standing on the land legally owned by my Boss and that means you are trespassing." The man said with a tight smile.

"Listen, we do not have time for your stupid non-sense. Please, get out of here before I call the security." Shakti Singh Oberoi threatened the man.

"I think I should be the one saying that." The man said and Shivaay lost his cool.

"Listen, whoever you are! What do you think? That you will say and we will believe you? This mansion is ours and my wife is the legal owner, do you get it? If you do not believe me, I will call my wife right now, you can ask her!" Shivaay shouted. "Annika!" He screamed. "Annika!" He screamed again.

"Sir, Annika madam is not at home. She has gone out for some important work with Gauri madam and Bhavya madam." A servant quickly told Shivaay and he gritted his teeth.

"I will call her!" He said and dialled Annika's number but in vain.

"I think you should start evacuating this place quickly. I just got a message from my Boss and she said she is going to be here in a minute." The man said as he looked at his phone.

"We are not going anywhere. We will stay here and see who is this Boss you are talking about!" Omkara Singh Oberoi said and the man nodded.

"Okay, as you wish!" The man said and shrugged.

"Annika!" Shivaay said as he saw Annika enter the mansion. "Why..why are you dressed like that?" He asked as he saw her. Wearing a body-hugging geometric-patterned dress and five inch heels, with lips bold red, she looked way different than he had ever seen her. The air around her seemed different as well.

"Anyways." Shivaay said, clearing his throat. Annika's dress was not important at the moment. "Come and tell this guy that you are the owner of this mansion!"

Annika smiled, nodded and walked towards the man.

"He is right. I am the legal owner of Oberoi Mansion, any problem with that?" She asked, looking at Shivaay and the man shook his head.

"Not at all madam. I know you are the owner!" The man said with a smile and the Oberois frowned.

"If you knew Annika is the owner, why didn't you believe us first?" Jhanvi Oberoi asked with a confused face.

"Oh, you said your wife is the owner and that is not true. Ms Annika is the legal owner of this mansion but she is not your legal wife Mr Shivaay. So technically, you do not have a wife and if you do not have a wife, how can this mansion be owned by her?" The man explained and the Oberois frowned, not understanding.

"What do you mean? She is my legal wife!" Shivaay shouted and Annika smirked.

"No she is not." Mr Khan said. "You never registered your marriage or should I say, she never made it possible for the papers to reach the court?"

"What the hell are you talking about? What the hell is he talking about Annika?" Shivaay shouted at Annika and she just shrugged.

"She is Mrs Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi and she is my wife, got it?" Shivaay screamed again, his eyes red now.

"No, she is Ms Annika Sanjay Kapoor and she is my Boss, got it?" The man said and Shivaay's heart beat loudly.

"What the hell is he talking about?" Shakti shouted and everyone looked at Annika, who just stood there.

"You!" Shivaay screamed and charged towards the man but before he could get a hold of his collar his hand was held by someone.

"Leave my hand Annika, he doesn't know what he is talking about!" Shivaay shouted but Annika didn't budge.

"Shivaay, how would you like if someone tried to manhandle Khanna Ji? Huh?" Annika asked and Shivaay frowned. "You wouldn't let anyone try to harm your right-hand man, hm? So do you think I would let anyone harm my right-hand man?" She said and pushed Shivaay's hand back with force.

"What the hell-

"Relax, I will tell you everything! Whatever he said is right. I am the owner of this mansion but I am not your wife. I am not Mrs Annika Shivaay Singh Oberoi. I am Annika Sanjay Kapoor and this is my mansion now, got it?" Annika screamed and the Oberois just stood there, trying to contemplate the happenings.

"Sa..Sanjay..Kap...Kapoor?" Tej Singh Oberoi mumbled mumbled to himself but Annika heard him anyways.

"Yes, Sanjay Kapoor! Does that name ring a bell, Mr Tej Oberoi? Does it? Mr Shakti? Mrs Jhanvi, do you know whose name is that? Huh? Mrs Pinky, I think you must know as well, right? Mrs Kalyani Ji, I am sure you will remember too, right?" Annika asked with a cruel smirk and crossed arms as the senior Oberois gulped while looking at each other's white faces.

"How do..do you know-

"How do I know him, huh? Are you really asking me how do I know Sanjay Kapoor?" Annika asked with a chuckle.

"He is..he is-

"Dead. I know. He is dead. And he is dead because of you!" She said, pointing an accusatory finger at them. "My father is dead because of all of you!"

"Wha-

"Yes! Because of you Oberois. You all are murderers. Murderers of my family, my parents. You killed them. You made me an orphan. You ruined me and I promised myself that I will ruin you all." Annika said, eyes red shot and rage ridden.

"Anni..nika, what are you..talking about?" Shivaay asked slowly.

"Hmm. Should I say it all again? Did you not hear me now?" She said and shook her head.

"Father? San..jay Kap...oor was-

"My father, yes. And you killed him."

"What? No..no, you have..got it..wrong...I-

"Stop pretending, I saw it with my own eyes. You four were there. My father was there. My mother was there. And you all had guns. You both shot my father!" She shouted, looking at Tej and Shakti. "And you both shot my mother!" She screamed, looking at Jhanvi and Pinky. "In front of my own eyes...I became an orphan...I was there...you killed them!" She accused them confidently. "And I promised myself, then and there. Tit for tat. You ruined me. I will ruin you!"

"Annika! That was a mistake! We regret it all now!" Kalyani Oberoi shouted.

"Wow!" A voice came from behind Annika. Bhavya stepped into the mansion, clapping slowly. "So for you, a murder is just a mistake here, huh, Mrs Kalyani Oberoi?"

"Bhavya! You stay out of it! Don't start you policemanship here!" Rudra said and Bhavya smirked.

"Why don't you stay out of it, little lover boy?" Bhavya said and Annika looked at Kalyani Oberoi.

"Mistake? How exactly was killing my parents a mistake, Mrs Oberoi? When they were disarmed and threatened on gunpoint?" Annika asked with crossed arms.

"I..I..it was in self...defence-

"Really? Self defence? Wow, you are such great liars!" Bhavya clapped. "Oh, wasn't this the 25 year old secret that you kept from your three grandsons? So, if it was really a self-defense act, why did you hide it?" Bhavya asked with raised eyebrows.