II

Lauren is perfectly snuggling with her stuffed animal, Nala in her hotel bed and a closed 'To Kill A Mockingbird' book beside her when a hand begins to shake her awake rather frantically. She is deep in slumber as they have just finished doing sound checks for tomorrow's show here in Brazil. The green-eyed girl is so tired that she wants to snarl and snap at the person trying to wake her, whoever that is.

"Lauren... Lauren.." Lauren heard Ally's soft voice which follows the shake and the sleeping Latina groans. "What?" She whines and flutters her eyes open, frowning immediately as she sees Ally's tear-streaked face. "What's wrong?" She croaks out.

"Wake up," Ally's voice is hoarse and her nose is red, complimenting her bloodshot eyes. Lauren frowns even more as she hears sniffling from the other side of her bed.

"W-What's going on?" Lauren sits up and looks at Ally, then glances at Normani who is hugging and consoling a crying Dinah in her arms. "What happened?"

"It's.. I-It's Camila.. She was shot at her concert earlier.."

"W-Wait, what?!" Lauren frowns, shock and fear slowly creeping in her chest as she looks around, her gaze alternately focusing on each of the girls; desperate to see a sign that they are just messing with her.

But she finds none.

"My god.." Lauren's lips part as tears start to make her eyes glossy, her vision blurry as Ally begins to explain what happened to Camila. Her heart pounds mercilessly in her chest as only one part of the news sticks to her: Camila was shot.

"Wha--H-How?" Lauren rambles. "W-What happened? Is she okay? Ally, please tell me she's okay.."

Ally hesitates and Lauren thinks the worst. "Oh no.. N-No no no.." Her voice quivers and she holds the cuff of Ally's blouse. "No.. Ally! Ally, please tell me she's okay!" She is begging now, her tone desperate. She wants to know if Camila's safe.

She needs to know that she is safe..

Ally hugs Lauren tightly as the green-eyed girl breaks down, tears streaming down her face and drenching the fabric of the older Latina's blouse as her body wracks in heavy sobs. "She's alive, but barely.." Lauren hears Ally whisper softly into her ear, rubbing her back as the four of the girls cry together. Yet Lauren is still inconsolable, her mind can't help but think of the worst scenarios possible as her heart keeps breaking, tearing into pieces at the thought of the woman she is secretly still in love with throughout the years barely hanging onto a tiny thread of hope to make it alive.

"I need to see her.."

Ally pulls away slightly and looks at Lauren right in the eyes. "We can't. Atleast not today. I've already asked Will about it but--"

"I don't give a fuck what Will says, Ally!" Lauren spits out, and for a second, she feels bad for snapping at Ally but the green-eyed girl has a one-track mind. She wants to see Camila and she wants to see her now.

Lauren stands up, Nala momentarily forgotten as she heads to the door like a woman on a mission.

"Where are you going?" Ally asks while she sniffles.

"I'm going to talk to Will myself. Contract be damned. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm going to see Camz tonight," Lauren answers with such finality Ally knows that the green-eyed girl won't care about getting sued right now. Lauren casts them one last glance before walking out of her hotel room, heading straight to their tour manager's.

-

"Will, I don't care about the goddamn contracts right now!" Lauren yells in exasperation. She has been trying to talk to their tour manager about the situation for almost half an hour now but Will won't budge, saying that she should atleast do the show tonight before heading to Miami. But Lauren knows that with every second that passes by, is another second of Camila fighting for her life and Lauren wants to be there for her. She can't miss another moment.