VIII

Over the next few days, Camila was a mess. The doctors administered a drug that flushes the toxins fully out of her system, but it has side effects that mimics that of a chemotherapy treatment. The brunette singer has been weak and throwing up, her knees shaking as she tries to stand up. Camila hates feeling this way, but she knows that before she gets better, she has to endure this first.

Throughout the whole ordeal, Lauren stayed by her side. The green-eyed girl helped Camila with everything she needed, from helping her get to places to cleaning up her vomit that one time they didn't get to the toilet in time. The brunette apologized over and over for that, embarrassed beyond belief but the green-eyed girl merely brushed it off saying that she meant what she said about being there for Camila through thick and thin this time around.

They also had continued their talk, and agreed to taking things slow and Lauren is already beyond happy with it. As long as she gets to have Camila again, she doesn't care if it takes them another six years to be able to call the brunette hers. The fact that they have been given another chance is more than enough for her.

-

A week has passed since Camila woke up from coma, and the side effects of the drug that's flushing out the toxins from her body slowly subsides, making the brunette feel so much better that she will finally be released from the hospital in a few hours.

Camila watches amusedly as Lauren fusses over her, making sure she's okay in her hospital bed. "Lo, relax. I'm not going to be released from the hospital until tonight," she chuckles, reaching for the green-eyed girl's arm. If she didn't know better, she'd say that Lauren is just nervous about meeting Camila's NBTS band and dancers who are coming over to visit her shortly.

"Yeah, Lauser. Cool it. It's just Ashlee and some other people we have yet to meet," Dinah says, smirking at the clearly nervous Lauren.

Lauren rolls her eyes and scoffs. She knows she's being unreasonably and unnecessarily nervous. It's not like she wasn't close to Camila's current guitarist Ashlee before. The girl used to be Fifth Harmony's guitarist anyway. But she was also Camila's best friend at the time when none of the girls weren't, and Lauren feels like she has to redeem herself not only to Camila but to her friends as well. She has to prove herself worthy of the second chance she's been given.

And that goes for Matthew too. No matter how painfully awkward it was at first when they met a few days ago when he came over to visit Camila, Lauren tried her best to be civil with him as he may be Camila's 'boyfriend' in the eyes of the public, behind the limelight he's also Camila's close friend.

"It's just," Lauren sighs and reluctantly sits beside Camila as the brunette scoots over and pats the spot next to her. The green-eyed girl immediately secures an arm around the younger Latina and leans into her. "I need to make a good impression, you know?"

"Lo," Camila says, making Lauren's head to turn and look at her. "You're important to me. And I'm sure they know that. So they'll love you," the brunette reassures her and reaches for her hand, squeezing it gently with a smile. "They'd be stupid not to."

Lauren and Camila smile at each other, adoration evident in each other's eyes until their staring contest gets interrupted by the sound of Dinah's groan. "Ugh," the Polynesian fake gags, sending a grimace their way. "For a couple who's taking things slow, you both are already so disgustingly cute."

Lauren rolls her eyes and chuckles as Dinah receives a slap on the arm from both Normani and Ally.

"Instead of all this weirdness--and cuteness," Camila says and glances at Lauren, grinning at her. "Why don't you all tell me what you were planning to tell me earlier."