V

The ticking of the wall clock near the nurses' station sounds too loud, ringing in Lauren's ears. Seconds feel like stretching into eternity as the green-eyed girl keeps wringing her hands in nervousness. Anxiety starts to bubble up from within her and she's barely hanging onto a tiny thread of her sanity as she waits impatiently outside, her bandmates trying to calm her down but to no avail.

What is happening? What is taking the doctors so long inside? They need to save Camila. And they need to save her NOW.

She can't lose Camila. She can't lose her now. Not this time. Not for good.

"Fuck," Lauren brings her shaky hand up and rakes her fingers through her hair as she had done countless of times for the past couple of minutes. She is pacing back and forth and although she is starting to feel lightheaded by the relentless pacing, she is beyond caring. She knows she can't sit still with all the tension she is feeling inside. She wants to cry her heart out but no tears come out. She's teetering over the edge of her emotions and she feels like a volcano bottling up the heat inside and threatening to erupt at any moment.

She is slowly losing her sanity along with the life of the woman she loves.

"Fuck!" The green-eyed girl exclaims again to somehow release the pent up emotions inside.

"Lauren!" Ally admonishes, looking up at the green-eyed girl and glancing at Sofi who is crying nonstop in her mother's arms. There are tears streaming down the petite blonde's face but she kept her voice firm, wanting Lauren to focus on her and if scolding her for cussing in front of Sofi is what she has to do to get the raven-haired Latina's attention and distract her, then so be it.

"Fuck off, Ally." Lauren automatically spits, not thinking about what she said before saying it. She freezes and her eyes widen as she looks at Ally, Normani and Dinah who had the same look of shock on their faces. Lauren has never, ever, talked to Ally that way.

"Oh no, you didn't." Dinah grits her teeth and stands up, towering over Lauren as she walks towards the distressed green-eyed girl. "You do not get to talk that way to Ally, you hear me?" The tall Polynesian growls silently so as not to cause a scene, glaring daggers at Lauren. "You don't get to take your anger out on anybody. Especially not the ones who are in the same fucked up situation as you are."

"Dinah--" Normani stands up and places an arm at Dinah, ready to pull her back if something happens. But Dinah continues, "Walz is in there fighting for her life, and all we gotta do is sit here and wait and pray to God or whatever it is you believe in that she'll make it. So do that instead of taking your emotions out on Ally who has done nothing but be there for you over the last few days."

Camila is dying.. My Camz is fighting for her life..

Lauren rakes her fingers through her hair once more and exhales shakily, guilt written all over her face. Her vision blurs as her eyes start to brim with tears. She flutters her eyes closed and slowly, tears start to trickle down her cheeks one by one.

Soon enough, the floodgates are open, and Lauren's body racks in sobs. She presses her hand on her lips to keep herself from sobbing loudly.

Strong arms wrap around her body and Lauren feels a hand stroking on her hair gently. The green-eyed girl releases a whimper and she buries her face into the person's chest.

"Shhhhh, it's going to be alright, Lauser." Dinah whispers softly to her, sniffling herself as she comforts the green-eyed girl. She had to do what she just did to help Lauren let it all out. She didn't want to do that to the green-eyed girl but it's what Camila would've wanted, to not have Lauren bottle up her feelings.

"T-Tell m-m-me she's going to m-make it, Dinah..." Lauren pleads, soaking Dinah's shirt with her tears as they keep streaming down her face. She is beyond terrified to lose Camila and the mere thought of it makes her want to cry all over again. "P-Please tell me s-she's going t-to make it..."

"She will make it, Lauren." Dinah whispers into her ear, still rubbing the green-eyed girl's back. The Polynesian has to hold back tears as she fights to be strong for Lauren. She needs someone to be her rock right now. "W-Walz is going to make it. Bish better make it or I'll give her a poly beatdown for wasting my money on those Ryan Gosling shit I bought her yesterday," she tries to chuckle, to lighten up the mood but her laugh only came as a sob. Her Chancho needs to wake up. She needs her bestfriend back.. No, screw that. She needs her sister back.

The hospital room door opens and doctors and nurses start to come out one by one, tired look on their features as the one who seems to be in charge scans his eyes over the tears-streaked faces of the Cabello's and the girls.

Lauren pulls away from Dinah's arms and rushes to the doctors, almost beating Sinu by a second as the almost hysterical Cabello mother looks up at the doctor. "What happened to my daughter? Is she alive?" The older blonde asks shakily.

The doctor hangs his stethoscope around his neck and looks at the Cabello mother earnestly. "Unfortunately, her body was able to pump some of the toxins into her bloodstream to her brain which caused her internal organs to malfunction and shut down momentarily hence the cardiac arrest.." The doctor trails off and glances at the faces of everyone in front of him, and Lauren wants so much as to grip the doctor's shoulders and shake more information out of him as she knows there's more to it than that.

"But luckily, we were able to revive the patient and she's now in stable condition," the doctor adds just as Lauren contemplates stepping closer.

A collective sigh of relief is audible and Lauren's eyes brim with tears once more. She feels Ally, Normani and Dinah behind her and pulling her into a group hug.

Camila is alive..

Camz is alive!

"As of now, we've injected her something that will reverse the effect of the induced coma so she will come to in a matter of hours."

"S-She's going to wake up now?" Sinu cries and Lauren watches her with blurry vision as Alejandro and Sofi hugs the woman, all of them in tears.

The doctor gives them a small smile and nods. "We are also able to figure out how to properly and permanently flush the toxins out of her system. The adverse effects of it however would feel like that of a chemotherapy and it will be very uncomfortable for her for the next few days to a week but in the end, she will be toxin-free and the chances of her fully recovery is high."

Relief floods in Lauren's chest and she closes her eyes tightly, allowing the tears to fall once more as she is being pulled in Normani's arms. "She's going to be okay, Lo," Normani whispers into her ears as if letting the good news fully sink in. "Mila's going to wake up soon."

"Thank god," Lauren hears Ally whisper in relief and the green-eyed girl pulls away from Mani's arms, turning to face Ally and lets out a whimper as the short blonde opens her arms at Lauren, engulfing her in a warm embrace just like a mother would to her crying child. Ally had done an excellent job at being like a parent to them all and Lauren couldn't be more grateful to have someone like Ally in her life.

"It's okay," Ally whispers and rubs Lauren's back, accepting Lauren's silent apology as the pale-skinned Latina buries her face into the crook of Ally's hair, crying her eyes out, but this time, no more sad tears.

AN: Hallo!
So....I don't know much about medical mumbo jumbo (obvs) so if I have any mistakes regarding the terms and procedures and stuff, please let me know. More to come!
Peace ✌🏼️

--Marlou