30. first meeting

yoongi is currently wearing a ripped dark jeans, loose dragon-printed shirt, and a tiny shooky bag hooked on his shoulder. he was going back and forth around the living room to his bedroom. he checks his whole outfit to the antique body mirror at the living room. once satisfied, he wore his kicks and walks out of the house. he sees the widow [his mother] digging up dirt between her red roses.

"mom, i'm off."

"where are you going, dumpling?" his mother asked him. she wore a straw hat and gardening apron. the widow is around 40's but still healthy and young to the point she would be mistaken as 25-30's.

yoongi put on his white cap with rings design. he averts his gazs, "hanging out with friends."

"friends?"

"yeah," yoongi gets near her to kiss her cheek. he add, "i met them few days ago."

"now why suddenly leaving the house?" her eyebrows furrowed. "why won't you let your friends pick you up here? is jimin gonna be there?" she asked after the other, stabbing the messy dirt hole with the small shovel. it sound like she doesn't want him to leave and go out have fun with his 'friends.'

yoongi was going to answer when his phone started to vibrate in his pocket indicating a caller. he reached for it to answer. his mother then watches him interact with the person through his phone.

"hey sugar, i just arrived at the park you told me to," jungkook casually said in the other line. yoongi closing his eyes shut and flattening his lips. he mentally prays his mother didn't hear that. "hello?"

"i'll be there." yoongi said quickly, even though his mother was looking at him with a scowl. she clicked her tongue after he immediately cut off the call. knowing her, she will talk to the person in the call. he pushed a smile, "i'll let you meet him next time, mom. let me hang out for today, please?"

she stared him with snarled lips. she suddenly raise her hand, triggering him to have a defense, using his arm to shield himself. she didn't lay a hand, though he flinched with that quick reaction.

"you said friends, but now it's only a guy," she mutters in irritation. she motions her head by a bob to the right, signals him to go to his plan for today. with a judging look, "make sure you get home safe or else you're dead."

yoongi fully smiled. this causes his gum to be visible. she's threatening and scary, but she still spoils her only child. he nods and gratefully says, "thanks, mom. if you want anything just text me."

"yeah, go," she waves her hand forward with an irritated face. "before i change my mind."

༺ ˖࣪ ∗ ♡ ∗ ˖࣪ ༻

the young man whose name is jungkook is sitting on one of the benches in the fountain park. he was watching the kids play along with their parents. he is wearing tight jeans, white polo that's tucked in but slightly loose, silver necklace, and analog watch around his wrist. he's waiting patiently for the older to show up.

few minutes have past, yoongi came. he's looking around the place. it wasn't hard to spot the young man from the park since it barely has people around during the afternoon. he approaches him with an awkward, "hey."

the young man who was focused on his phone, looks up to see the older. he grins and greets back, "hey."

the smile is bright and friendly. he looks more handsome. he then pocketed his phone and stood up. in obvious manner, his eyes wanders to the older's whole being, "you look cool, hyung."

"this is the first time you called me with honorific," yoongi commented. he too, wanders his eyes on jungkook's whole fit. "you look decent."

"thanks," jungkook shows his bunny teeth with his wide smile. "i wanna look cool meeting my date," he puts his hands in each of his pockets. "so.. where you wanna go?"

the two of them finally met face-to-face. it felt awkward, but they won't let that ruin their first date.

yoongi perk an eyebrow, "i thought you have a plan for today."

"i do, but before that," he looked around. "do you want to go somewhere first before we start?"

"start what?"

"our lovely date," jungkook teasingly grinned. yoongi quietly shook his head. he doesn't have any idea where to go, he was expecting jungkook to know where because he was confident and all. he trusts jungkook for whatever will be going on today. jungkook suggests, "wanna eat something?"

"hmm.." yoongi hums. he mumbles, "i'm starving for lamb skewers lately."

"lamb skewers it is!" jungkook started to walk. he pulled yoongi's hand, getting him off guard, but then he stopped. he turns his head to face yoongi with a shy smile, "where do we eat lamb skewers?"

jungkook isn't from daegu. he obviously doesn't know which restaurant that has lamb skewers. yoongi chuckles.

jungkook is being stupidly cute. he tilts his head with a questioning smile.

"alright," yoongi smiled and grabbed the younger's hand. "let's go eat lamb skewers."

༺ ˖࣪ ∗ ♡ ∗ ˖࣪ ༻

NOTE
i always forget to update because of how busy i am. besides that, i'm lazy and currently having trouble to keep up to date.