Chapter 2: Arrival of the Hottest

Everyone flew out to the private air field in Georgia. As all the cast members scramble on the jet with happy smiles and warm hugs, Norman watches as Emily gets out of her taxi. She sprints in her converse to him and jumps up into his arms. He hugs her tight and spins her around. Good thing no one noticed. He drops her back to the ground and she wraps her arms around him tightly. Kissing the top o her head they rock back and forth as her driver brings her bags to the flight attendant, who sticks them under the plane.

"Man, that was a great hello." Norman looks down at her and she pops up giving him a kiss on the cheek. He instantly receives butterflies in his stomach.

"I've missed you so much! Work isn't fun without you on set!"

"Well ya know, shouldn't have got kidnapped." It was a tender subject. He loved working close at hand with her in those episodes. Now he truly fears that they'll kill her off so he loses a reason to hang out with her like this.

"Not my problem. You should've let me help." They laugh and Steven calls to them to board the plane.

Getting on the plane, Emily sits by Lauren and Danai. She loves catching up with her show sisters. She half expected, wanted, Norman to sit with them, but of course being Norman, he has to sit up front... with Melissa. Oh how that got to Emily worse than her boyfriends cheating on her. She loves Melissa, but she doesn't like her and Norman together. It's part of the whole Bethyl and Caryl thing. She hates being jealous like this, but seeing him, kiss her, hold her hand, do cute things; it makes her bonkers. But she can't feel that way. It's not in her cards to be Norman's, in any way, shape, or form.

"Emily?" Lauren calls her out of her jealous fury.

"Sorry, I was just wondering if I left my tv on." She hakes herself from looking at Norman and Melissa.

"Oh. So where are you staying?"

"Belmont. I love their suites there. The beds are comfy and the rooms are just... welcoming." She watches Melissa lean over and kiss Norman on the cheek. She grips the arm rest pretty tightly so she's white knuckling it.

"Em? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, jus... just don really like take offs." Norman looks back at her through his selfie he is taking. He sees she's a lil upset over something. When the set belt sign goes off everyone gets up and moves around the cabin. Sitting and playing cards, lounging on the couch, some watching Netflix on the big screen.

"So Norman. How has Mingus been?" Melissa unbuckles and sits on the arm of the chair, Norman's sitting in.

"He's great. Playing basketball now. He's in Venice with Helena right now. Gonna be there for almost a month." He loves how his son is so independent and trustworthy. He's never had a problem with Mingus.

"Oh that's nice. Does he always stay that long with her?"

"Usually in the summer or on holidays. The other half she's in New York and he flies over certain weekends." He notices Emily's eye on him. He wishes he would've say with her, but doesn't want to make it awkward.

"Melissa! Come tell me that story about you and your dog park!" Andy calls from the back of the plane.

"Sorry Pookie. Must leave ya know." She kisses his forehead and heads to the back. Norman doesn't move. If he's hopeful enough maybe Emily will come and sit with him. Probably not though. How could she feel that way about him any way?

He sits and plays on his phone and soon someone appears kneeling at his side.

"Hey stranger." The sweet voice mellows in his ears.
Emily sits down across from him in her own spinning chair. She looks so going and outgoing in her light blue skinny jeans an dark charcoal gray hoodie. He can't hide his smile.

"Hey yerself. What's new on the English coast." They laugh, referring to Lauren.

"Oh nothing, Her and Steven have been making plans."

"Plans for what?"

"Didn't you hear. They're dating!" She leans forward and whispers to him. The hot breath on his ear makes him almost groan in seduction.

"No. She told you that?"

"Yes an it's quiet obvious,cause they always are together and basically live together." Emily sits back and stares at him. How can he make her this hot. She places one knee over her other and sits back.

"Haha. Good for them. How's yer music coming along?"

"Great... well pretty good. Trying to work out some links with the third EP, but it's getting there. I'm performing Friday night at the last day of Comic Con."

"Maybe I'll stand in the front row with a huge embarrassing sign." He wasn't joking. He would do that and she knows all to well.

"What's yer sign gonna say?" She laughs.

"Isn't it obvious? What ever guys sign would say at an Emily Kinney Concert." He pauses and she gives him a questioning look. "Will you marry me Beth!"

"Except my names Emily so..."

"Yeah well many don't separate you from your character anyway so there you go." Laughing Emily grabs her stomach in torment. She's been waiting for him to make her laugh. It's like her favorite thing in the world.

"This is true. Huh..... I don't get many posters at my concerts. Especially not ones asking me to marry them."

"Those assholes! How dare they not bomb-bard you with marriage proposals and such poppycockal ideals!" He acts scorned an hurt by the fake problem. She laughs at his hysteria.

"Did you just say poppycockal? That's not a word."

"It is when it comes to unmundane Emily Kinney concert proposal posters!.... Say that five times fast." Their laughing dwindles and he catches her gaze. So radiant and beautiful. He can't stop smiling at her.

"We will be arriving in San Diego shortly. Please fasten yer seat belts."

"Looks like we're here." Emily says glancing out the window.

The jet lands in the air field and everyone is anxious to get off and see the sights.Grabbing his bag, he notices Emily's and debates. Grab it or don't grab it? Grabbing hers too, he makes his way over to her and wheels it to her feet.

"Why thank you kind sir." She laughs and nudges him. Maybe this is just a game. A stunt. A publicity act. Or maybe it's just Emily. He's not quiet sure.

"Welcome miss." She runs in front of the others and takes a quick picture. She loves making moments count and being able to save them.

After settling in their hotels, everyone meets at the beach. It's tradition for them to run into the water after they get there. Norman steps on the beach rocking just his board-shorts and is ready for action. The guys in their shorts all line up, waiting for the women, who of course take their time.

The first one on the beach is Melissa, followed by Lauren. Then Danai makes her way out. Norman waits and finally the arrival of the hottest one comes. Emily.

Her bikini bottoms are lose rise with the American Flag printed on them and her top, a small bando with the stars on it. Hair in a messy bun and sunglasses on, she scampers across the hot sand to join her friends.

"Everyone one ready?" Andy screams. yelling everyone runs into the water and the wave hits perfectly knocking down pretty much everyone. Norman surfaces after the small wave and sees everyone playing around in the water. He doesn't see her though. Emily that is.

Soon someone small and petite jumps on his back and kisses his cheek. He goes under the water and turns, so they are attached to his front now.

"No fair!" Emily pulls her glasses back up her face and her hair is a sopping mess.

"Shouldn't attack people like that. you scared me."

"Look who's lying now." Legs wrapped around his waist and arms around his neck, no one notices their intimate water play.

"Fine. You got me." A hand plays in his hair as his hands support her ass. He can't deny he loves being able to hold her here and her not question position. Just when he thinks he can lean forward and kiss her, a wave comes smashing at his back and separates them. Well ain't that unfortunate?