Chapter 13: Premiere Night and Big Fight

Looking back at herself in the mirror, Emily feels her heart pumping harder than ever before. Looking down at her hand, she shakes the tears away from her eyes and tosses everything in the trash. Turning around she walks out of the hotel bathroom and pulls her outfit out of the closet.

The last few days she's been staying at Marriott Hotel in L.A. Norman told her she could stay with him, but she insisted on a bit of space considering her parents were actually coming to the event also.

Pulling her white strapless dress and black high heels, Em glances at herself in the full length mirror. She isn't entirely ready for what's going to happen. Placing her hair in a neat bun, she heads toward the door after wiping her eyes. She opens the door and heads toward the lobby. In the lobby, her mother and father awe and Oo over her and he hugs them both.

"You look gorgeous honey." Her mother kisses her cheek.

"Simply beautiful." Her father kisses her other cheek and they give her wide smiles.

"Thank you. What are you both so happy about?" Emily notices there's something about her parent's smiles that give her an off smile.

"Oh nothing."

"You're mother and I are just proud of you."

"Your friend Norman an his son are out in the limousine, waiting for you."

"Wait? Norman?" She was supposed to head to the Premiere in her own limousine with her parents. She didn't expect Norman to pick them up.

"Yes. Norman." Behind her father comes Norman and Mingus, both dressed in very well fitted suits. "You look beautiful Emily."

He walks past her father and mother and gives her a huge hug and kiss on the cheek. Emily can't fully think straight. Was he really doing thi to her right now? In front of her parents! Pulling back he holds her at arms length.

"You okay, Emmy?" He looks at her with worried eyes. She looks down and then back at him.

"Yeah...I'm fine." Really she wasn't. She needs to talk to him, but can't find the words. Mingus comes up to her and hugs her also. "Wow, my date looks smashing. Both of you look very smashing."

"Thank you. You look stunning. And so does your sister." Mingus gestures towards Mrs. Kinney an kisses her hand.

"Oh charmer! I'm her mother." Mrs. Kinney blushes and Norman tries to hold back his eye roll. He loves that Mingus is polite, but this is a little over the top.

"Really? Oh, I would've never guessed. You have a wonderful wife Mr. Kinney." Mingus shakes Emily's dad's hand.

"Please call me Robert." Norman's jaw drops slightly. How is it his son gets to call him Robert and he's forced to call him Mr. Kinney.

"I think we should head out. We have to be there by 8:00." Norman clears his throat and they all head out. He places a hand on the small of Emily's back and she startles ever so slightly. As Robert and Mrs. Kinney get in the Limo with Mingus, Norman holds Emily back before getting in. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Norman, let's just go to the premiere." She kisses his cheek and gets in.

As the cast walks down the red carpet an gets photos, Emily can't help but feel nervous and sick. When it's her turn, she grabs onto Mingus's arm and they walk the carpet to get pictures.

When she heads up to the interviewer, Mingus stays relatively quiet as Emily answers some questions.

"Emily! E! News reporter, Sara Donovan. How are you feeling about tonight?"