Chapter Nineteen

Thomas' P.O.V

"Okay, that hurt," I say sitting up. I look to where Virgil just was and notice someone standing behind him. "Virgil! Watch out!" I yell but it's too late. 

The person behind him stabs a sword straight through him. 

"No!" we all yell. 

The mysterious person pulls it out of him and disappears into thin air. I run up to Virgil and catch him before he hits the floor. 

"No, no, no. Okay, Healing Light," I say as tears start to fall. I lay my hands on his wound but deep down I know it's too late. "He's gone..." I say softly.

Virgil's P.O.V

"He's gone..." Thomas says barely audible. 

I watch as Patton runs to my body and begins to cry with Thomas. Logan is frozen in place on the floor but Roman is just standing there with a confused look. 

"No, he's not gone," Princey says walking to my body. 

"Dee stop this, now!" I yell out but he doesn't show. "Damn it," I mutter. 

Come on Princey, figure it out. 

"What are you doing?" I ask even though I know he can't hear me. He crouches next to my body and unzips my jacket. 

"Where is it? If this is real and he's gone, it should be here," he says to himself.

"Logan, come here! Look for Virgil," he says. 

"Roman, you are brilliant!" Logan responds opening his archive magic. 

What the hell are they talking about? Patton wipes his eyes and asks what they are doing. 

"I am going to use my Real Time Link. If he is really gone he will not show up. Virgil!" he shouts and the others look at me. Before I can say anything I get tackled in a hug by Patton and Thomas. As soon as they let go I run up and do the same with Roman. 

"How did you know?" I ask him pulling back. 

"I didn't feel any warning. So, I checked your body and you weren't wearing this," he answers grabbing the pendant.

"You're smarter than you look Princey," I say smirking. 

"Funny," he responds before surprising me with a kiss. 

"Oooooh," I hear Thomas teasing from behind so I deepen the kiss making them all laugh.

"I don't exactly know what just happened but how is it you all have better dating lives than I do?" Thomas asks. Dee, he's playing with us. I wish he would just stop doing all of this- 

"Virgil, are you okay?" Logan asks walking next to me. 

"What? Why?" I ask without thinking causing them all to look at me weird. 

"Umm, that last attack you used. It was backed with tons of magic power. I was wondering how you were feeling," Logan says. Oh, that.

"Oh. I'm fine, a little tired. So I will see you all later and we're going to do this same time tomorrow, right Logan?" he nods and I kiss Princey on the cheek before taking off. 

I run to my room quickly and close the door behind me, making sure to lock it. 

"Dee, we need to talk! Please..." I say the last part softly. 

"What is it Virgil?" I hear him say behind me. Turning around I notice Dee and Carsen, so I ask if we can speak alone. Carsen leaves and Dee sits on my bed. "What did you want to talk about?" he asks bitterly.