Chapter Fifty-two

Virgil's P.O.V

Devin laughs again and sits up. 

"The Rune Knights are on their way," Camden says looking at Devin. 

"You're through Devin so have fun slowly fading away in that prison," Hunter says standing next to my Dark Cage. 

Again Devin laughs despite all of his injuries, "I still win." 

Even though he's locked inside my cage and can't use magic or get out, his words make my blood run cold. He wouldn't... Dee walks closer to the cage and asks what he's talking about. 

Since I'm already behind everyone I slowly step back. When Devin doesn't answer, Roman asks again. He laughs again before smiling a twisted smile. He wouldn't tell them... 

"I. Still. Win. You know it too... Don't you Virgil..." 

Everyone turns to look at me so I take another step back. 

"Go on, tell them. Or shall I?" He tells me. 

"Shut up! Or I will end you right here! " I yell angrily. He makes direct eye contact and smiles even wider, making him look even more crazed. 

"Even after I fade, Virgil and I will still be one in the same. I may not actually be here but he will always feel my presence," he says darkly. 

"I said shut up!" I yell again, trying not to just kill him now.

"In other words, eventually he will turn out just like me. Probably worse," he continues saying. "In fact, it has already started. You've only seen a small bit of it just now. The other time was when I took Carsen. I wasn't lying to you when I said he enjoyed it Dee. Right Virge?" No... That wasn't me... 

"Shut up! I will never be like you! I would rather die!" I yell and ball my hands into fists. 

The storm above me starts rapidly growing as the wind starts speeding up. The thunder is going crazy as well as the purple lightning. By now my storm is covering the entire city. 

"Is that so?" He asks in a mocking tone and with an evil grin he looks towards the sky. My storm! Taking a deep breath helps me calm down and my storm gradually disappears. 

"I don't have time for this and neither do you," I say looking at the approaching Rune Knights. 

"You can't fight who you are forever," Devin tells me. As much as I want to end him right here, painfully, I can't. Taking a deep breath I walk up to the cage and open it. I step inside and grab his shirt by the collar. 

Leaning in closer I whisper, "I am not you. I have never been you. I will never be you. There is one thing that you need to know before they take you and you fade away..."

"If I could kill you without the risk of absorbing what's left, I promise you it wouldn't be a quick death. I would make you suffer for hurting the people I love. You are lucky that the others were involved in this fight because my original plan was to lock you somewhere that I could torture you for everything you've done," I continue whispering. My voice becomes dark and distorted when I say, "I know your love for me... You thought I didn't know but I did." His cocky smile vanishes and he begins stammering. 

"T-That's not possible..." That fear in his eyes...

I keep my voice low and wave a hand to cover the cage in a dark shadow. That way no one can see us or get in. The others are shouting for me to open it up and stop messing around. 

However I don't listen because I don't want them to see what I'm about to do. I don't want Princey to see what I'm about to do. 

"I know your fears and until you die... You will suffer in a way only I can make you suffer..." I say darkly and cup his face.