1

"Alright. This is just like any other school. No need to be nervous." I said to myself before opening the high school doors.

Hey I'm Y/N and I'm 17 years old. I've had to travel a lot, but since this is my senior year, my parents are letting me stay here. So here I am in California. New school.

"New student right?" A brunette boy asked when I made it to the office.

"Yeah. My name's Y/N." I stuck out my hand which he shook.

"Nice to meet you. My name's Shawn Mendes and I will be giving you you're tour. Can I see your schedule?" I got out my schedule out from my backpack and gave it to him.

"Well the good news is that we have all of our classes together. How about we just go straight to first hour?" I nodded and followed him to the class A223. Ms. Koshy?

As soon as we opened the door all eyes landed on me. "You must be the new student." Ms. Koshy said.

"Yeah my name is Y/N." I introduced myself.

"Okay. You can sit behind Ms. Blanchard. Rowan raise your hand." A brunette girl raised her hand with a evil smile on her face.

"Be careful around them two. The blonde and the brunette." Shawn whispered in my ear, before sitting behind this gorgeous blonde girl with cherry red lips. Her piercing blue eyes instantly locked with mine and she had a smirk on her face. I gulped and sat down behind Rowan.

5 minutes later, the bell rang and I was about to get up when the blonde and brunette came to me. The other students hurried out except for Shawn.

"So new girl, what's your story?" Rowan asked twirling her brown hair around her finger. "My name's Y/F/N Y/L/N and I'm from New York."

"Beautiful name for a gorgeous girl. I'm Sabrina and she is Rowan." The blonde said running her fingers through her hair.

"How about we-" She was interrupted by Shawn who came into the conversation. "Not today, Carpenter." He said, grabbing onto my wrist. "She's not going anywhere near you." The two girls slightly glared at him and rolled their eyes.

"Maybe not right now." Sabrina said, sighing. "But it'll happen." She added.

"See you later," She winked at me before turning around. "Y/N." Her and Rowan walked out of the room, swaying their hips, and walking to their next class. I was stuck in my spot and for a loss of words.

"She's gorgeous." I said breathlessly.

"Maybe so, but you do not want to fall for her. You're first kiss with her could possibly be your last." He said.

I blinked my eyes and snapped out of what ever trace that I was in. "Huh?" I asked, not understanding what he said.

"I'll explain later, but we need to get to class." I followed him out to our next class, being Calculous.

(Timeskip)

Finally it's lunch time! Today has been suprisingly easy and pretty much normal, but Sabrina. She's been staring at me in every single class and everytime I turned around, she would wink at me or blow a kiss. I would always just turn around, trying to ignore my heart accelerating because of her. There's just something about her...

I felt something hit my face and I saw that Shawn had thrown a peace of bread at me. "What?" I asked, taking a bite out of my pizza.

"I told you not to fall for her." He shook his head at me.

"What makes you think that I'm falling for her?" I rolled my eyes and he took my notebook from beside me. "Hey! Give it back!" I said, but he moved back so I couldn't reach it.

"Oh this is it! 'Today I saw the most gorgeous girl ever. She has piercing light blue eyes and cherry red lips. She has freckles which are so freaking cute and blonde hair. Who am I talking about? Sabrina. I think I might actually have a crush on h-'" I snatched my notebook put of his hands and I could feel my cheeks getting hot.

"So what? So maybe I have a crush on her. What's wrong with liking Sabrina?" I said, putting my book in my backpack.

"Maybe because she can turn you into stone!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah right. Like someone can actually turn someone to stone." I was believing this nonsense. Not one bit.

"Well she can! She's done it before. All she has to do is kiss you and then poof, you're her new statue." He said.

"Look, you don't have to make up stories about her. If you want her then-" He scrunched up his face.

"Ew, no! She's my stepsister!" He said. "Our parents got together last year, but me and Sabrina kept our last names. She is the last person that I would ever want to marry. She's evil." He said, and then looked above my head.

"I'm not evil. I'm just... mischievous." I heard her voice from behind me. She and Rowan sat in front of us.

"Yeah right. We both know that you turn people to stone." She gasped. "Me? Never. I can't turn people into stone." Sabrina and Rowan looked at each other and laughed.

"Why are you here? I thought that you wanted to keep our school lives separate." Shawn questioned.

"I'm not here for you, Moron." She looked at me. "I'm here for her."

"Why me?" I questioned.

"You're new here so I wanted to welcome you to our school. Im having a big party tonight at my house with basically everyone from this school. Wanna go?" She making direct eye contact.

"Oh, um s-sure." Her eyes had me in some sort of trance that I couldn't get out of. I finally blinked my eyes and stopped making eye contact.

"Great. See you tonight, Babe." She said, and they got up and walked away.

"You're not seriously going. I told you that she can turn people into stone." He said in disbelief. I scoffed.

"Let's be real here Shawn. Nobody can actually turn people into stone." I got up and threw away my lunch.

"You don't believe me? Okay, since you're going tonight, I'll show you. She never goes for the newbies anyway. Tonight you will see that she can turn people to stone." He said.

"Alright then. Bet." I said, walking with him to our next class.

...

Sabrina's POV

Looks like I've found my next target.