Chapter 10

"Come on, come on. Go inside" Claire ordered us three youngest males as he jumped out of the back of the vehicle.

We each ran after Owen as he raced into the main building, pushing open the large door with ease before running through the building for the Control room Claire had told us all to run to.

As I ran through the middle of the main area, I leapt backwards with a growl, a large Tyrannosaurus-Rex appearing in front of me. I snarled at it, despite being in my human form before the glint of light hit my eyes making me shield them and follow it back to its source.

"And you humans wonder why we eat you" I muttered realising that it was only a projection. Hearing Owen's laughter as he ran past me whilst Zach, Gray and Claire all shot me sympathetic looks before we each broke back into a sprint.

"Come on, Moon! You getting slow in your old age or something?" Owen called over his shoulder as he realised I was lagging behind.

"His foot!" Zach and Gray both yelled in realisation as I tripped over my feet, my injured foot pulsing with an almost unbearable stabbing pain.

I growled at myself before pushing myself to my feet and trying to get back into a sprint before almost tripping again.

"Moon! Come on, buddy" Owen breathed as he ran back to me, throwing my good arm around his neck and helping me run.

With an incredibly annoying limp, we all made it into an area filled with amber fossils and scientific machines.

As we all stopped, I recognised the rooms and noticed as specific memories resurfaced from my youth. 

"They evacuated the lab" Claire observed after noticing no one here.

"It's not like the place has been attacked by various species of Dinosaurs today" I deadpanned, Zach and Gray chuckling beside me as Owen continued to brace my side.

Claire then walked past us into one of the rooms making us all follow her. With a small hiss, I let Owen go as I noticed his gaze narrowing on the reptiles in the glass boxes. The two younger males following after him but looking at the tiny creatures that could either be dinosaurs or lizards.

When a door opened we all abruptly turned around to notice several humans packing up the room beside ours through the dividing glass wall.

"What are you doing?" Claire questioned aloud before we each turned to the human that had just entered the room.

"Im afraid that's above your pay grade, honey" Hoskins stated as he came into view. I let a low growl simmer in my throat making him look at me with caution before Gray grabbed onto my hand.

"Where's Henry?" Claire questioned the human as he came in front of us.

"Dr Wu, he works for us" Hoskins returned with a smirk as I felt Gray move from behind me slightly.

"That's not a real dinosaur" He observed, looking at the moving screen as it displayed a Dinosaur and information on and about it.

"No, it ain't, kid. Neither is this one" Hoskins admitted before he pointed to the moving screen as it slid to another panel showing a slightly larger Velociraptor. On the left side of the dinosaur blueprint drawing, it showed a cuttlefish and a tree frog as well as a human. 

On the right side of the dinosaur blueprint drawing it read, 'VLRT - RAPTOR.MOON-ALPHA'.

"Moon's supposed to be the Alpha" Owen breathed, Hoskins nodding with a grin. 

"The DNA genetics added to his makes him the perfect Alpha but he showed no signs of said genetics actually giving him the same abilities the Indominus has" Hoskins spoke making me grit my teeth together.

"But, anyway, somebody's gotta make sure this company has a future. Imagine, the previous one and this one, a fraction of the size, deadly, intelligent, able to hide from the most advanced military technology" Hoskins informed us as we all stared at him, Owen and I in various levels of rage.

"A living weapon unlike anything we've ever seen. You see...Millions of years of evolution what did we learn? Nature is the gift that just-" Hoskins went to continue before I snarled at him. 

"We are not your little experiments that you can just trial on!" I snarled at him, dropping Gray's hand and wrapping it around Hoskins' throat and pushing up against the glass wall.

Noticing Hoskins fear and confusion, I smirked before focussing on my abilities and camouflaging myself so it looked like I had gone invisible.

"Moon! Put him down!" Owen tried as I let the camouflage drop. I ignored him as I watched Hoskins eyes nearly pop out of their sockets as he finally connected the dots to my identity.

"Let him go, Moon!" Owen yelled at me, the cock of a gun making my ears perk up. Slowly, I turned to look over my shoulder, till holding Hoskins in the air by his throat.

"Or what, Owen? You'll finally end my life that I've spent in captivity like you would do to a wild animal?" I growled at him, the black pupils of my eyes barely slits as the purple covered them. 

Owen hesitated before he dropped his gun with a deep sigh. 

"Moon?" Zach drawled making my eyes slowly leave Owen's and move to his own ones. "Please, just drop him. He'll get what comes to him" He spoke, his lips turning up at the edges with a small smile.

My eyes narrowed at him before I turned back to Hoskins as he continued to try and escape my grasp, the last of his breath dwindling on the edge.

"P-Please, just let him go...I-I wanna go home..." I heard Gray cry as he wrapped himself around my waist.

At first I didn't give in, but that was until Zach joined him and they both grabbed onto me. Unlike Gray, Zach wasn't crying but you could tell that he was incredibly scared.

The growl bubbling in my throat was swallowed down as I dropped Hoskins, my head lowering in guilt as my silver hair covered my eyes.

We stayed like that for a few more seconds before a deep growl erupted behind us, my instincts jumping to the forefront of my mind and making me push the two younger males behind me and spin to see Charlie jump through the doorway.

"Oh, shit!"