Game Night

requested by YuDragoy

     "Connor, stop!" You suddenly yell as the android, once again, beat you in a frustrating game of Snakes and Ladders

     "What did I do, (Y/N)? Isn't the objective of the game to win?" Well, you have to admit, he's not wrong. But you thought at least you could beat him in a child's game. It's a casual game night with your best friend. It doesn't help that your best friend is an android, but whatever. It helps up your intelligence anyways... you hope. 

     "You won, that's what you did. You always wi-know what, no, no more Snakes and Ladders, definitely no more chess. We're gonna play... Ooh, scrabble!"  

     "The word game you keep saying you'll play but never do?"

     "Uh... yeah, that one." You stand up off of the floor, because couches are for posers, and slide down the hardwood floors with your slippy socks, to a cabinet under the TV. Inside is a whole bunch of board games and video games, neatly organized. Pretty much the only constantly organized thing in the house since they're the most important thing in the house. Obviously. Connor argues different, but he's just an android, what does he know about value of supremely worshiped items, huh? Probably a lot... and it would be because he's an android... See, this is why you don't win, you don't complete thoughts soon enough. That's all. For sure...

     You grab the game quickly, sure that you'd at least get a score close to Connor's. Shuffling back over, you sit down across from him again, setting up the game. 

     'He's probably figuring things out right now... this was a bad idea, I shouldn't have suggested it...Well, too late now. I'm screwed. Maybe. Oh, I actually do kno-'

     "(Y/N)? What are you thinking about?"

     "What? Oh, just strategy..."

     "You were thinking so hard that you just stopped moving? You really are serious about this..."

     "Well, duh! You always win, ro-dork." He seemed confused. "Robot Dork. It's an abbreviation." He came to that realization when you lengthened the words again, but he decides not to say anything about it. Though he doesn't know why. It just seems like the correct thing to do right now.  Maybe it has to do with your angry outbu-

^$0ftw4r3 Instab1l1ty ^

     Connor blinks a few times, confused by what keeps bringing these updates to his system. This is the seventh time in a week. A damn week. And it's Friday.  

     After ten minutes, you and Connor are really getting into the game. The biggest word on the board is "oxyphenbutazone". Of course, it was put there by Connor. Of. Fucking. Course.

     "Connor, the hell even is oxyphenbutazone?"

     "Oh, well, Oxyphenbutazone is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. It is a metabolite of phenylbutazone. It was withdrawn from markets worldwide in mid-1980s due to bone marrow suppression and Stevens–Johnson syndrome."

     "So... it's a drug. Got it."

     "Yes, essentially. It's worth... 1778 points here."

     "Connoooooooor..." Your whining turned into groans, then that turned into a short scream, not too loud. Connor seems confused by this, putting it lightly. His face contorted slightly, eyebrows scrunching and lips turning down to a frown, though his upper lip, on his right, is higher than the left. The confusion turns to worry as you stand and start to pace, mumbling to yourself.