Chapter 4

Grace was practically screaming in her bassinet, it was going on four in the morning and Lauren was still working on papers.

"Grace, please." Lauren begged. "Please be quiet." Her hair was a mess and she was exhausted.

Kicking her feet, Grace rolls in the bassinet causing it rock dangerously.

Lauren sighed and put her pen down. She lifted Grace out of the bassinet.

The tiny six month old immediately nuzzled Lauren's chest, releasing a softer cry.

Lauren sighed, she pulled her night shirt down and Grace immediately latched onto her nipple.

Closing her eyes, Grace relaxes as she begins to slowly nurse.

Lauren leaned back in the chair and closed her eyes.

"You should get some sleep." Lucy says softly, running a hand through Lauren's hair.
Grace taps her hand against Lauren's chest and whines as she continues to nurse.

"I have to finish these papers." Lauren opened her eyes and looked at Lucy. "Plus, she's hungry."

"You can finish those tomorrow and she can nurse while you're laying down." Lucy responds softly.

"They need to be finished tonight. I need to spend time with the kids tomorrow." Lauren said quietly.

"Laur, just do them tomorrow night." Lucy responds softly.

"They need to be done and I'll forget tomorrow. Plus, I can't sleep. I'm tired but I can't fall asleep." Lauren mumbled.

Grace released Lauren's nipple and began to softly cry.

Lauren looked down at Grace and frowned.

"She might want the other nipple." Lucy says softly.

Lauren looked up at Lucy. "W-What?"

"There might not be enough milk in that nipple, so she might want the other one." Lucy explains softly.

"She's been eating a lot lately." Lauren mumbled.

"That just means she's finally catching up to Jaden." The older girl explains softly.

A louder cry escapes Grace and she nuzzles Lauren's chest again.

Lauren jumped, she looked down at Grace.

"Switch nipples and you might be able to finish grading those." Lucy says softly.

Lauren nodded. She shifted Grace in her arms and revealed her other nipple to the small baby.

Grace immediately latches on and relaxes as she nurses.

Lauren looked up at Lucy. "Thank you." She whispered.

"Of course." Lucy responds softly, leaning in and kissing Lauren gently.

Lauren's eyes fluttered closed.

Pulling away, Lucy smiles softly. "Let's get these papers done."

Lauren nodded slowly.

Grace releases a soft grunt as she continues to nurse, kicking her feet slightly.

Lauren looked down at Grace and swallowed.

The tiny six month old begins shaking her head as she continues to nurse.

"What?" Lauren looked into the little girl's eyes. "Why are you shaking your head?"

Cooing softly, Grace stares up at Lauren, releasing her nipple.

Lauren furrowed her brows. "What?"