Chapter 19

Suga's P.O.V.

"Never." Never huh? Maybe he cares? He probably has cared the entire time, I've just been too caught up in my mother's words to realize it. I smiled against Daichi's hands. "Fhank ou." I said, to the best of my ability. Daichi smiled like the sun, and removed his hands from my face. I poked at my forgotten spaghetti. Did he mean it when he said I could come over? "Do you want me to stay the night, or do you want to come to my house?" I looked up from my bowl and watched Daichi mindlessly jab at his spaghetti. He stopped jabbing and glanced up at me. "You...you mean it?"
"Yeah, of course! Why wouldn't I mean it?" Because sometimes things seem too good. I smiled to myself, "Thank you, Daichi. Uh, it really means a lot, but-"
"Don't try saying you're fine. Please don't pretend around me, I care about you. I wanna help, uh, if you want my help anyway..." Daichi trailed off, like he was unsure of what he said. I'm glad he noticed, but I wonder if that means I've been slipping too much. "Then, could you stay? Please? Uh, I don't know how you can help. But, thank you for saying that." I said as I looked up at him; looking for something that said he was lying. But all I saw was his smiling face. "Of course, Suga. I'll stay the night, thank you for letting me."