Chapter 1

Mia Earnhart's POV

"Mia! Come down stairs!" I hear my mom calling me. I sigh and get out of bed still tired from tossing and turning last night. I walk downstairs to see my mom setting down two plates on the kitchen bar. "Oh Mia how wonderful it is for you to finally come down." my mom says to me.

Yeah wonderful right.

My mom carries on making breakfast and I sit down next to my dad which is too ingolfed into the morning newspaper to notice me. I grab my plate of food that consists of eggs, bacon, and some toast and I start to dig in before I get ready for the day. Oh right where are my manors.

I'm Mia Earnhart and I just moved here to Portland, Oregon at the start of the summer. Today is the first day back to school which means I'm starting junior year. "Good morning sunshine how did you sleep?" My dad looks over at me with a wide smile on his face. "Oh I slept pretty good last night. I got lots of sleep for today." I fake smiled at my dad and finished off my breakfast.

*****
I stepped out of the shower and dried off wrapping the pink towel around my body. I brushed my teeth and my wet light brown hair so it would dry faster. I hear my mom yelling for me to hurry up so I'm not late for school. I go to my closet and pick out a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and a maroon hoodie. I walked over to my bed and sat my clothes down and started to put my underwear and bra on when I got a text.

Sammy💛: Hey girly! I just wanted to wish you a great day on your first day of school there. I miss you!

To Sammy: Oh thanks Sammy! I really miss you also.

Sammy was my best friend back in California. I met her in middle school and we've been friends ever since.

Sammy💛: Don't be nervous alright? You got this!

Sigh. She knows me too well.

To Sammy: Ugh yeah you're right. I'm sure everything will be fine right?

No answer. She must be busy. I put my jeans and hoodie on then I proceed to look for my black converse.

Ding! Ding!

Sammy texted me.

Sammy💛: Of course! I'm sure you'll meet new friends. But I gtg now. My mom is letting me go to the shop today to help out. Bye Mia! :)

Well that's good that her mom is finally letting her take over so she can relax.

To Sammy: Alright bye Sam!

I put my phone in my pocket and finish getting dressed.

*****

"You ready to go?" My dad picks up his car keys and heads to the door. "Uh yeah I'm ready." I grab my backpack and hug my mom goodbye before she heads off to get ready for work. "Bye hun have a great day at school!" My mom says as she rushes up the stairs to her and my dads room. "Alright, bye mom!" I walk out the door to where my dad is waiting in his Mercedes-Benz.

I climb into the passenger seat and buckle up. "You ready for the first day?" My dad says turning on the engine. "Yeah I'm stoked." I fake smile at him and we pull out the drive way and head to West Portland Highschool. "Now I'm gonna be working late tonight so you'll have to walk home after school. Unless you want your mother to pick you up." We pass a small café and I smile to myself.

That'll be a great place to be to myself.

"Yeah I'll probably walk. It's only ten minutes away from where we live."

I'll pass by the cafè to check it out on my way home after school.

*****

Hii guyss. I'm new to writing so this is my first story but I hope you enjoy this! Please leave tips and comments and to vote if you liked it!