Chapter 2

I finally got to school and my dad drove off to do whatever lawyers do. Oh yeah my dad is a high class lawyer in the state and my mom is a realtor. I get pushed aside and I didn't realize I was standing in the entrance until someone murmered under their breath to move.

Rude people I swear.

I roll my eyes and walk into the building and head to the front office to get my school schedule. I walk up to the receptionist which seems to look about in her mid thirties.

She's got dark blonde hair pinned up in a loose bun and wearing a floral dress with a sweater over it. She types away on her computer then looks up at me and smiles widely. "Hello what do you need?" She carries on typing for a bit then looks back up at me. "Oh I need my school schedule. I'm Mia Earnhart. I'm new here." I softly smile at her and she goes over to a stack of papers and looks through them.

Looking around the front office and I notice there's lots of pictures and bulletin boards on the cream colored walls. There's maroon plush chairs spread out and a oak round table in the corner. There's also plants here in the corners and other places around the room.

Wow this looks pretty decent.

I'm snapped out of my daze when the blonde lady hands me my schedule. "Thanks" I say to her and walk out the door to find my locker.

Hmm locker number 235.

I walk down the hallway looking for my locker and I notice people around me looking at me. Okay I know I'm new here but geez. Ain't gotta stare.

I eventually find my locker and put my stuff in there that I don't need until after lunch. "You must be new here I'm Jenna!" I look over to my side and see a perky redhead standing next to me smiling ear to ear.

If she keeps smiling like that her face is bound to rip apart.

"Uh yeah I am. I'm Mia nice to meet you." Jenna gives me a even brighter smile and squeals in excitement.

Gosh she's a really joyous person.

"Well let me help you find your classes. This school is pretty big." I hand her my schedule and she looks down to examine it. "Oh you have two classes with me!" She hands the paper back to me and I look to see what I have.

English lll: 346
Fashion Design: C117
United States History: 347
Lunch
Physics: D275
Choir: 104
Algebra ll: 223

"What classes do we have together?" I ask and she squeals in delight. "We have lunch and Algebra ll." I adjust my backpack so it'll stop sliding off my shoulders and the first bell rings to get to class. "Well I'll see you at lunch! Your first class is right upstairs and then take a right and then you're there." Jenna gives me a quick hug and says bye to me.

Welp time to go. I don't wanna be late on my first day.

*****
I find my class just as the bell rings and I sit in a seat at the back of the class. The teacher walks up to the front of the class and looks around the room. "Alright class my name is Mrs. Carrizales and today we're all going to go around and introduce each other and tell something interesting about ourselves." Everyone groans and I roll my eyes.

The same introduction shit is here also.

A couple minutes into the class and I get picked on to introduce myself.

Great.

I stand up and look around the room to see people either staring at me or whispering to there friends. "Uh hi I'm Mia Earnhart and I just moved here from California." Just as I was about to say something interesting about myself the classroom door burst open. A tall muscular built boy walks in and glances around the room with his eyes landing straight onto me. Mrs. Carrizales walks over to him and closes the door. "Mr. Anderson how pleased we are to have you finally join us." I sit down in my seat and notice he hasn't moved an inch and is still glaring at me. "Since you're up why don't you introduce yourself to the class." He stays looking at me and says "My name is Lukas Anderson." I shiver in my seat at how deep and raspy those words came out.