Chapter 3

TW: Abuse

"Dad? What are you doing home?" He gets up off the couch and staggers around a bit trying to balance himself.

He's drunk.

My dad come towards me and grabs my wrist harshly and I yelp from the pain. "You. I can't believe you did this to us. Why did you have to do that to this family! You're a discrace!" My body starts trembling as I watch my dads facial features sharpen in anger. "Dad I don't know what's going-"

My head turns right and my left cheek starts to burn and sting. Tears form in my eyes as I grasp my left cheek.

My dad just slapped me.

"Mia don't act like you don't know what happened." He tightens his grip on me and I try to get out of his hold. "Stop moving around!" He yells into my face. I look around for a way to escape his grasp but soon get shoved onto the floor. "Now I'm gonna teach you a lesson on why you are a disgrace to this family."

He speaks angerly at me while taking off his belt. "Oh god." I whisper to myself. "Please dad. I'm sorry!" I move backwards still on the floor. He swings and the belt slices at my stomach. I whince in pain as he moves closer to me. "You made your mother so sad and depressed from what you did." He raises his hand with the belt wrapped around his fist. "Please stop. Please." I cry out in pain and by back hits a table. "You should've been the one in the wreck. Not her."

He swings at me again but misses me then trips. I quickly move away and run out the front door. I run down the sidewalk with tears streaming down my face.

Why. Why does this happen to me?

*****

I get to a little park with big trees and hiking trails around the play area for children. "Well I guess I'll be here for awhile." I sigh to myself and wincing in pain as I sit down against a tree.

Could this day get any worse?

I hear growling behind me and I freeze. "I spoke too soon." I say softly to myself. The growling gets louder as I get up. I turn around slowly and look at the large dog that's growling. "Nice doggy. Please don't hurt me." I start to freak out as it comes closer to me but it stops growling. It runs up to me and I try to run back away from the dog but I fall on my ass and I wince in pain again. The dog whimpers and licks my hand. "Do you have a name?" The dog barks at me and I don't see a collar on him. "Hmm I'm gonna call you moonlight. How does that sound?" He barks at me and wags his tail. I smile down at the dog and gently pets his head. He looks up at me and I gasp.

Those eyes. They're electric blue.

"You have very pretty eyes." The dog nuzzles it's head against my stomach and I wince. The dog looks up at me and then back at my stomach. "It's okay I just got a little hurt is all." The dog whimpers and starts tugging on my shirt trying to get me up. I get up and hold my stomach. "What are you doing buddy?" The dog barks at me and walks a little ways away from me the looks back at me. "You want me to come with you?" I stare at the dog confused.

The dog barks again so I follow him to a house that is a little bit bigger than mine. The dog barks at me again and paws at the door. I knock on the door and a few minutes later a middle aged woman with chocolate brown hair and hazel eyes looks at me. "Hi uh is this your dog?" The lady looks down at the dog and laughs. "Yes that's my dog. Thank you. I'm Alana by the way ." I smile at the lady. "You're welcome and it's nice to meet you I'm Mia. Well I should get going then."

I go to back off the steps but Moonlight starts to tug on my jeans. "Why don't you come in for a bit hun? I'll make us some tea." She smiles at me and tugs me into the door. "Oh I don't want to intrude Alana. I'm sure my dad is looking for me." I bite down on my lip.  "Nonsense honey. Come in." Alana ushers me in and beamingly smiles at me. Moonlight rushes up the stairs barking and I look around the house. To the right there is an open sitting area connected to the kitchen and to the left is the living room. All around there is a light maroon color for the walls and dark oak hardwood floors.

Wow this looks really nice for its colors.

Alana offers me some tea and I grasps it in my hands and take a sip. "Mmm Alana this tastes really good." I look over to here while she is making coffee for herself. "Well thank you it's my little recipe for tea." She walks off somewhere so I am now alone in the kitchen. I hear a big thud and I see Lukas come down the stairs. He walks over to me and smirks while I just sit there in utter shock. Why is he here? "To answer your question, I live here." He chuckles lightly and I feel a warm flush roam up my neck and cheeks.

He sits down next to me and runs his fingers over the back of my hand and I feel shocks of electricity run through my body. "I- uh I should get going." He turns his head towards me and I see a saddened look taking over his face as if he doesn't want me to go. "Alright I'll take you home." I nod and we head out the door to his car. He helps me in then walks over and gets into the driver seat then we drive back to my place.

*****

To say that I am afraid is an understatement. We just got back to my house and he is walking me up my steps to my door. I know my father is still here and I don't know if he will try to hurt me or not. Sensing my nervousness Lukas looks at me and grabs my hand. "Mia are you alright?" I try to calm myself down and I look up at him. "Y-yeah I'm fine." I open my door and walk in to see my dad with a bottle of Jack in his hands with a glare turns towards me. "You little whore where have you been? I'm not finished with you yet!" He angrily stomps towards me swaying a little.

I feel Lukas tightening his grip on me and pushes me behind him so he's shielding me from my father. "Don't come any farther. I will not allow you to hurt Mia for whatever she has done." My dad hits Lukas and I hear him growl. I'm pushed back and next thing I see is Lukas turning into Moonlight running to my dad before I fade into darkness.

*****

Sorry it took so long guys. I keep forgetting and stuff. But I'll try to post more! Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it!