Chapter 4

"Are you sure this is what you want to do?" Dad asked as he sat the last trunk on the cart. I honestly wasn't sure myself. Ever since I had came back to Tamburon I had been staying in what was once my grandparent', and later Yuki's, home. It had been months since Yuki returned with Zen to Clarines.

I was sorta at a lose at what to do with my life. I decided I was done with adventures, but I wasn't sure what to do next. I decided on a change of scenery. I was moving to Clarines, to be closer to Yuki, just in case she needed me, or I needed her.

I shrugged at my father. "I'm not sure, but I'm doing it," I told him. "Don't die." I td him as I gave him a quick embrace.

He pulled me into his chest, tucking my head under his chin. "Same goes for you," he sighed, "and watch out for your sister."

"That's the plan," I winked at him as I climbed up to the from bench of the wagon. Dad and I said one last goodbye before I flicked the reins to tell Gypsophiloa to go. It was going to be a long travel, but it was worth it.

It took me a week to settle on once I got there. I was renting a small room in a place that included stables for my buddy. Then I also got a job at a flower shop. I always loved flowers. On all my journeys I would collect the seed of any flower I could, leading to quite a collection. I have a dream of being able to plant them all in one garden at some point but for now I'm glad with the change of pace.

"Thank you come again," I told the man as he left the store after I got him to buy a bouquet of red carnations and white clovers. I know the meaning of every flower, so I can make a bouquet for any situation.

My boss came in with arms full of freshly cut flowers. " You're such a help," she told me, "You make things so much easier."

I gave her a smile and started helping her put the flowers in the correct vase. "I should be thanking you," I told her, "This barely feels like a job." I crouched down to take a wif of the lilies, taking in their scent. I heard her scurry back out to the cart that arrived of flowers from her green house just outside the town.

This was quickly followed by the ring of the bell, telling me there was a customer. "Hello," I popped up to great them. I recognized them instantly. "Zen, come to get flowers for my dear little sister." Gotta make sure he's not cheating.

"Akarozu, I thought you were in Tamburon?" he was utterly surprised to see me.

I continued my work of putting away the flowers. "I decided to move to Clarines, just got here a week ago," I informed him, "I haven't really had time to go visit Yuki, but you're more than welcome to tell her I'm here." I have him a smile, as I wiped off my hands.

I walked back to behind the counter getting out a ribbon to tie the bouquet together with, a red one of course. "Got an specifics, or should I tell you her favorite flower?" I leaned onto the counter with a smirk on my face.

"I think I'm just gonna go with red roses," h he told me with a shrug. I assured him with a smile.

I started walking to get the roses. "My specialty," I joked. I care fully grabbed an entire base of scarlet red roses. I also picked out a few baby's-breath before tying it all together with the ribon.

I heard Steph scurry back in with another armful of flowers as I did some quick math to figure out the cost of the bouquet. "Your highness," my boss gasped, "It's an honor to be in your precense." I sorta just froze. Highness, you don't call anyone that. And she recognized him instantly. Zen wasn't just anybody, or even noble. He was a royal.

Fear stuck me. Nobles were bad enough, royals needed to be worse. I've had a terrible past with both. This has sort of led to a fear of them. I thought it could be a fear I could live with, I guess it wasn't. I stared at Zen, beginning to shake. Did he even love Shirayuki, or was he just using her for her hair. I wouldn't put it against anyone. She'd be so miserable, cause it's obvious she loves him. I'm such an idiot, so easily accepting him. I knew nothing about him. I knew nothing about how terrible of a person he was.

I couldn't handle being in he same room as him anymore and ran out the back door. I ran, ignoring all the strange looks I was getting. I wasn't thinking clearly my mind too clouded from what just happened. I gave my sister away to a good for nothing royal. They're just gonna use her. But I couldn't save her, for she was happy with where she was.

I had managed to make my way back to where I now lived, quick to throw myself onto the small bed I had. I pulled my face into a pillow, letting it absorb what tears had fallen from my eyes. I reached under my bed pulling out my most treasured object. It was a sword, one I had once stolen. It was a symbol of a promise the the one I met. A promise I would find him once again, even if it is just to return his sword. But to me it was a promise to become a better person. Someone he can be proud of. Someone who he would be happy to call a friend. Maybe even something more.