Chapter 9

Zen stood infront of his brother, prepaired to tell him something he mignt  regret doing so later. "Lord Brother," he started, breathing in courage. "I am going to ask Shirayuki to marry me tonight at the ball."

Izana turned around to face him, with the some stoic face as ever. "I told you I am an ally for this, I will jot stop you from making your own choices," the elder brother told the younger. For a moment you would think that they had a simple brother relationship, not the construed prince to prince supiriority.

Zen was quick to thank his brother and almost leave, but something nagged him in the back of his head. It was no longer something he couldn't hold back. "Why are you willing to help Shirayuki and I be together?" Zen finally got around to asking the question buzzing in his head for months.

A smile spread on the crown prince's face. He turned to the window to gaze out far past the palace walls. "Because..." he sighed losing all eloquence he normally held, in exchange for ensuring and wonderment. "Do you remeber some years ago how in the north west women were dissappearing and I decided to handle it myself." Izana proceeded to step closer and closer to the window till he was leaning up against it. Of course the younger prince eremembered the situation, it was stopping travelers to go in the region. "I had gotten help for the situation, from a woman unlike any other I hsd met before. She managed to be care free but careless, clever and witty, with a the strength of a solder and a grace of a dancer. Just like any man would in the precense of such a wonder, I found myself falling in love. But before I realized that myself, she dissapears from my life. So I just don't want you to feel the lose of love I felt."

Zen was moved by his brother's story, amazed such an experience could happen to him. He wished he could return this woman to him, if even possible. "What did she look like?" Zen inquired, "We could possibly look for her."

"I doubt she'd want to be found," Izana confessed. "She was unlike any other, ruby red eyes which glimmer in the sun, and sver locks of myths and tales. Sometimes I wonder if she was just a part of mh imagination."

-*-

Three dances, three freaking dances. He didn't say anything, nor was he giving way to let me leave. I was close to shaking in my shoes, and I was drenched in sweat. "Of you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not gonna let you go until you say something," the crown prince informed me. I let out a low whimper, as I couldn't find words. An arrogant smirk played in his lip.

His hand left my hip and reached up to push my hair behind my ear. Pulling me closer his lips brushed up against my ear. I was terrified. Enough attention was on me because of these idiotic brothers, now I'd probably be the talk of the town. "There is no reason to be scared," he hissed into my ear, "I've seen all of you remember."

But I had every reason to be scared of him. He was the crown prince of Clarines. At the time I did not know that, now thinking back to his actions, there was much more behind them. He caused me such a problem for such a trivial thing. Would you practically force someone to work for you for over a month just because they narrowed your sword without permission. He was just using me as a tool, as that's all he needed at the time. Then he only started trying to get on my good side once he learned the true color of my hair. He wanted to keep me for show, you can always catch more flies with honey. Then his entire demeanor change upon learning I was a girl, much more sedistic. He was just using me the entire time, just like everyone else of his stature had before.

"You are such an asshole," I hissed through the tears. His face broke out in fear. "I should have never listened to you." I pushed him away from me causing a silence to spread through the room. I couldn't handle all the attention anymore.

I ran to the nearest exit, the crowd parting ways as I ran. I heard no one following me. At least he wasn't a complete idiot. I couldn't get far in my shoes, and we're quick to take them off, running in bare feet. Few people were out on the palace grounds, but the few I did come across I just ignored. "Rozu!?" a familiar voice called out to me in worry.

I turned around to find my sister happily in Zen's arm. On her figure sat a ruling with a beautiful ruby and diamonds. "Sorry, I really couldn't handle it, congrats, but I really need to go." I frantically looked all around us. I waved to her as I ran down the gravel road, cutting my feet on the rocks as I went.

Comeing down the streets I caught the attention of everyone out that late, causing me to run faster. I practically clasped as I shut my door behind me. I winced with every step I took closer to my bed. I flopped down having the dress puff up into my face I will need to return it to Zen in the coming days.

My world had sorta fell apart around me that I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I should stay in Clarines. I didn't know if I should go back to the palace ever again. I didn't know if I should still listen to the advice he gave those years ago. I didn't know I lost a shoe. And of course I didn't know that the person who found my shoe was the one I wanted least to find my shoe.