Chapter 7

Dumbfounded was a pretty good word to explain how I felt. Sitting there on my desk was a letter unbeknownst to me. It was from Zen, and simy said I was allowed to come the the palace any time. I just needed to show the guards this letter, along with} p}} anyone who questions my precense. I guess it was so I could easily visit Yuki. I would need to thank him the next time I saw him.

That turned out to be sooner than I had thought. It was three days after I had gotten the letter, and decided to see if it worked. If which it did. With being allowed in with little hesitation I asked for directions to the medical wing. I felt strange walking through the halls, but no one had yet to come question me. Just look like you belong there, and people will believe it. I had to just make it to Yuki and all will be well.

"Akarozu," someone called out to me. I was no idiot, and recognized the voice of the second prince.

I turned around to see he was rushing towards me, and I gave him a quick curtsy. "Hello your highness," I greeted him.

He was surprised by my greeting. "There's no need for formalities," he assured me. "I want us to be friends after all." It was my turn to to be confused. He gestured for me to follow him, as we both were probably heading to the same place.

I should thank him while I have the chance. "Thanks for this," I held up the letter I had used to get in, "It nice knowing I can easily come see Yuki."

"I understand if you're going to be uncomfortable around me, Shirayuki told me a bit about your history with nobles."

I bit my lips and groaned. I had no idea how much she told him, byt I could hope she respecting me wanting to keep it private. "How much did she tell you?" I asked, trying to hide the annoyance in my voice.

The prince kept his gaze away from me, probably out of pitty. "That plenty tried courting you due to your hair, and non of them ended up well. She didn't give many details, so I can only assume the worst."

I eased up a bit, if I must tell people about it, that would be all I would tell them as well. My sister won't be getting a scolding. "If anything good came out of it, due to them all chasing after me, none went after Shirayuki," I set a sarrowed smile on my face.

Zen looked back at me with those familiar blue eyes. I have yet to figure out dorm where, but the first time I saw them I knew it wasn't the first. " What have you got there? " he asked, changing it from an uncomfortable silence to what I was carrying.

I looked down at the leather bound journal I was gripping against my chest. "Something stupid," I shrugged it off. He didn't need to know about it. After all it was quiet embarrassing.

The prince gave me a look, I didn't know what it meant, but it couldn't be good. "It can't be that bad," he pressured me into telling him.

I bit my lip as I decided tell him wouldn't hurt. "I know it seems a bit foolish, but I love to write. I hope to be a published author, but I know it will probably never happen," I explained, "Yet no matter what it is write I want Yuki to read it." I smiled with nastolgia. When we were younger I would write short stories to read to her, we always enjoyed them. Her reading them and I writting them.

"Why would it be foolish?" Zen asked, "Writing books may not be a common career, but it is sustaining Inc's you get your foot in the door."

If I thought anyone would understand it be someone highly educated. "Because I am a woman, there are so few women that actually get their books published, let alone have people read them," I explained, "I still hope one day I can be one of the few, I have so many stories to tell. So many places to share. So many friends for people to meet. I just hope I can one day. "

The way he watched my skip ahead let me know my eyes were shinning. I was told they would get like that whenever I got passionate about anything. Besides that they would be dead. A dead sick red." You have me interested, "Zen confessed," I want to read one of your stories now. "

I shook my head, instantly feeling anxious about that ever happening. "I doubt you'd find them interesting, nor am I that great of a writer... " I explained.

We had managed to get to the medical wing by the point. Shirayuki was quick to notice the two of us and ran to meet us. I ran to meet her half way and gave her a hug. I know it wasn't that long since I saw her last, but still she's my sister. "For you m'lady," I handed her the leather bound book. "I finally got around to finishing it."

She flipped open to half way through, revealing my sloppy loops of hand writting. "How many years has it been now since you started?" she teased me. I just rolled my eyes.

Zen was quick to join our little group. "Can read it when you're done?" he asked if my sister, "I want to read one of her stories, but she refused."

"I'm not that good," I reminded him. I got a disapproving glare from Yuki. I glared back at her. This is an art we have learned to argue silently. I was the one to give way. "Which one?" I asked my sister, knowing I wouldn't have clue about which one that the prince would like.

Yuki took a moment to think. "The one where the brothers were mistaken as gods," she offered, "Or maybe Dragon Mage..."

I nodded taking note to bring those two when I come back next time. "Zen, there you are," Mitsuhide yelled from across the yard.

Shirayuki glared at her boyfriend in disapproval. "What work have you skipped out on this time?" she questioned.

"They are planning a ball to find both Izana and I wives," he explained nonchalantly. "You two should come."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "I'd soon swim  through lava."